DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

I use my Peavey Mystic and my Marshall with it. It always sounds great! I can get the sound of most of my favorite artists. This pedal gives a slight "scream" when not playing... that's probably the only downside to it. But almost all pedals do that due to feedback.

If you want all around distorion... I suggest you get this! I've been playing for over 8 years and have used around 6 different distortion pedals... And this gives me a various amount of distorion rather than just giving me the sound of just one genre. If this was stolen... I would buy another one.

This is very, very, very reliable! I have used it in about 3 gigs and no problems what so ever! it's a really tough pedal. It can take the abuse. This pedal is durable. Very small in size... Fit's nice and snug in a pedal board. I would use this in a gig without a backup. There's really no need for another... 1 can handle it.

You can get the sound you want from this in a snap. it's that easy. This thing is very easy to use. Very basic. The manual for this pedal is very basic and staight to the point. It tells you everything you want to know about the pedal. I do know the firmware revison number. This unit has never been upgraded.

element1385
    i have a metal core but im looking for something lighter sounding would this pedal give a "blink-182" sound?
    element1385
    Salamandyk
    Anyone wanting one of these for cheap and in mint condition im selling one on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Boss-DS-1-Distortion-... ER-ADAPTER_W0QQitemZ130302157996QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Ac cessories?hash=item130302157996&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkpar ms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318