DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Pro-Music

THe BOSS DS-1 is a great pedal and if you know how to use it you can get a different kinds of sound. I use it for Rock`n Roll as well as extreme metal. It is true that it does not have a lot of gain and I think that is the best feature. It is clean sounding and noise less.

I play heavy, down tuned rock 'n roll and extreme metal. The DS-1 works for both and it works awesome. I like the simplicity and the sound. I have no problem getting the heavy out of it, but it also depends on the equipment you are using and how well you know you gear. Some people think that they can buy a good sound, but it is not that easy. Either you have it or you don't. Pedals is just like a hammer, a tool!

Well, it is Boss and it is built like a tank. I have never had any problems with any of my Boss gear. Boss is reliability and I have never heard that a Boss pedal has failed when it comes down to brass tacks. I trust Boss pedals to a 100%. I have used digital rack units for a few years and gotten tired of it. Back to basics and analog gear!!!

A pedal don't get much easier to use than the DS-1 from Boss. I read here that people have problem getting a good sound out of it and my thought is that maybe it is not the pedal. You just have to find the balance between amp, pedals and guitar. You can NOT plug anything in and get a good sound without tweaking. That is the whole point, creating your own sound!