DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Guitars 'n'tuff

I am running this through a Peavey Valveking 112, and playing a 1982 Squier Bullet and an ESP LTD MH-03QM(I posted a review on it)It is amazing because you can turn it on and off quickly and without excess noise. The Distortion is strong and incredibly versitile. I can easily ramp up the distortion to get a Dimebag sound, or I can crank it to get a very good fuzz sound. I also purchased it for the Kurt Cobain style distortion.

I play all sorts of music: Randy Rhoads, Nirvana, 5FDP, and Black Sabbath. IT WILL DO THEM ALL! I have been playing for 2 years now and I have the equipment I have stated above. No Regrets here. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I love that it is bright orange, I am not sure why? I hate that it does not have a power supply. Like I said I love the Orange color. I really didn't compare it to anything else. I REALLY wish it had a power supply.

This pedal is dependable, after all it is made entirely made of metal. I found not faults in the pedal. No loose knobs, or anything like that, not even a single chip in the paint. I don't think I would bring a backup because this thing is the absolute bomb when it comes to durability and reliability.

This pedal is very simple to use. All you have to do is turn the knobs. The manual is very helpful and I really like the spot where you can write down your settings. My pedal is unmodded and good for what I needed.I found it incredibly easy to use with little difficulties straight from the box.

snubbs
    I finally broke down and bought this pedal. Thank God I did. This pedal through my fender blues deluxe sounds ****ing amazing. For all the people that are negative about this pedal, get a better amp....