DS-1 Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-1 Distortion

Purchased from: Absolute Music Solutions

The sound, for the most part is pretty good on a specific setting, but you can also get those 2 watt shit ass crumpled amp sounds then those amazing Grunge sound with sustain an complex whering with great feedback at high volume. If you gunna use this for Grunge or rock sounds, use a PB100PB100 Pedal by Behringer.

I play grunge. Teenage expression music like Nirvana, Mudhoney, Soundgarden, all that shit. I am close to knowing all of Nirvana's songs ("Bleach", "Nevermind", "In Utero") and it is good for it. Very good. If you like Metallica or Heavy metal Harmonix with Dragonforce style amazing type licks, shredding all over, don't get this. Get a DigiTech Grunge pedal for about 40. Hope this helped.

For this one, I'm gunna keep it short. You could throw this at a wall, dip the case in acid stamp on it and have it burried in the ground for 50 years and it will still work. You can gig all night but if were you, I'd get a Boss PSA adaptor to back it up with. Like all Boss Pedals, it's almost indestructible.

The Boss DS-1 is worthy of it's hype. The ease of use is pretty damn good. I Went into my music store to buy a DS-2, but they didn't have it, so I bought the DS-1. For a Kurt Cobain "feel" (in which is why I bought it) is high. All you need now is a EHX Small clone and that's it. Great Pedal to use. You can get great tones by twisting one knob to get AMAZING sustain. So easy to use. For a Kurt Cobain sound put your dist. And lev. To the top and put you tone at 11.