DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: My friend Carmen =)

A Fender Princeton amp, my Les Paul, and a Marshall (can't remember the model) and sound pretty good, specially for creating feedback, it's really good, go and buy one fron your best friend.

I play rock, blues, Grunge, punk, distortion involucred styles, and this pedal fits great. I must thank my friend Carmen, she gave me the greatest price ever. And not just for this pedal, it also includes a CH-1 Super Chorus, so $60 for 2 Boss pedals is maybe the best inversion I could ever made.

When my friend told me "the pedal its a little bit damaged" I sked her "is it a Boss?" she answered "yes" and I just told her "it's ok, you can't never destroy a Boss." And I was right. The paint is scratched, but othing else. We did play with it before using it and I told my buddies "I bet we could smash our heads against the wall at the same time we do it with the pedal and we will die before something bad could happen to the pedal." About playing without a back up, I will do it.

The sound its fantastic. One of my friends has a Zoom GFX4, and it has 12 to 15 different distortions. This pedal can create almost anyone of those distortions (and make them sound better). Maybe it's not enough for metal players, but it has a good sound. Plus, turbo mode is great, it boost the dist without problems, it's pretty good and easy to use, just adjust the level, tone and dist. The only problem could be adjusting dist and level, 'cause if you turn up the dist, the level does, so you must turn down the level knob if you're looking for a heavy dist but a low level.