DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: Academy Of Sound

I am currently using this pedal with a Mexican Standard Tele and a Squier Strat with a Marshall MG10CD but I am hoping to upgrade to a Marshall MG100HDFX. This pedal is also great for getting the John Frusciante/RHCP sound. There can be a bit of fuzz but maybe is cus of my amp. There are two types of Turbo to choice from. 1. Turbo I - a very powerful distortion. 2. Turbo II - sticky distortion (powerful). There is also setting examples in the manual, which give you a rough idea of settings to choose from.

I mostly play rock, stuff like RHCP/John Frusciante and Guns N' Roses. I hav been playin' for nearly three years and I already own a Boss RP-50, but it is nothin' like the distortion on this baby. If it was stolen or lost, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. My favourite feature is the Turbo feature cus you can chooose from more varities of tone. This is a must have for guitarists!

You can certainly depend on this pedal as it is a Boss, there's no need for a backup. I've had it for about 6 months and it is still goin' strong.

This pedal is extremely easy to use as there are are only four knobs (level, tone, distortion and turbo I/II). There is no need for the manual as you can easily find the right sound for you. This pedal ranges from high soaring guitar solos to mellow soft sounding guitars.