DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

This pedal is very versatile as it has two modes. I use mine with a Marshall 15DFX and a Les Paul, you couldn't get better sound. It only makes a noise if you crank all the knobs all the way to the right with an overdriven amp. The first mode has a little more bass than the secound and is perfect for Grunge, hard rock and the likes while the secound (wich I prefer) mode has a little more bite to it. This pedal is perfect for everything wich needs a punch. Perfection!

I play punk, hard rock and classic rock and this pedal is a match made in heaven if you ask me. I've played for almost to years so I'm not that skilled yet, but that doesn't really matter when I have this thing. I love the idea of having two modes. Makes you able to switch from Green Day to Nirvana in a split. Besides this I have Marshall Bluesbreaker but this thing beats it by miles and it's more versatile. It doesn't really need anything else, it's perfect!

I've had this thing for a couple of months now and I never had a single problem, and I probably never will. This baby can definitely withstand live use. You could beat it with a sledgehammer and the only thing you would hurt was perhaps the hammer. I haven't tried it that much with a battery, but it's probably wiser to have an adaptor by the hand if you want to use it live. No backup needed. I have an adaptor myself wich makes nonestop roccking possible.

This pedal is very easy to use, you simply can't go wrong. It has four knobs. Level wich controls volume, tone wich controls the bite of your tone, distortion (says it self) and a mode selector. You don't really need the manual (unless you use it for bedtime reading).