DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: Jack's Music

I am using a Jackson JS1 Dinky, and a Marshall MG100DFX. This pedal is not noisy at all, which is the only advantage it has over the MT-2 Metal Zone pedal. You can get a good grunge/fuzz sound with the pedal. Great for Nirvana fans. But again, nothing you couldn't get out of the MT-2. Other than the very good fuzz, Grunge sound there is nothing I get out of this pedal that I cant get out of my Marshall amp.

I play punk rock, Grunge, and hard rock/metal. Sounds good for covers from bands like The Offspring, or Nirvana. But again, nothing you can't get out of the MT-2. I am finding this pedeal practically useless now that I had bought the MT-2. I owned the DS-2 first and bought the MT-2 with plans of using the two simultaneously, which was a disaster with all the feedback. Go buy the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone. You will thank me.

Very dependable. Built like a brick shithouse. Just remember to unplug the input when you are done using it, the battery will run out buy the next morning. I would definitely use it on gig without backup. Matter of fact, this petal would be the backup because the MT-2 gets all these sounds, plus so many more for only around 10 dollars more.

This pedal is relatively easy to use. My music shop had Boss guitar effects handbooks which had presets for distortion, fuzz, Grunge for this pedal, but the manual that came with the pedal did not include presets.