DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: Jack White Music

I'm using it with an ESP AX50 and Carlsbro 30 watt amp, I tend to play hard rock/metal/progressive, the other guitarist in our band uses the DigiTech Death Metal pedal (which I hate) but this thing equals that any day, you can get an AC/DC crunch to a Killswitch Engage riff with a little tweaking, you should try and play around with it a bit to get some good idea's of what sounds you're after.

This is a perfect match for my type of music as I can mould any sound out of it from classic rock to metal, I have always loved Boss pedals I also own a CE-5 Chorus and DD-6 Delay and neither has let me down, I compaired this to an Ibanez model and a Danelectro model and it just stodd out like anything even on a shitty Squire Strat at the shop.

I have gigged with this many times and has never let me down the batteries last a good couple of gigs but I change them regulary anyway, for an affordable distortion pedal get this trust me don't bother with the DS-1 go the extra few quid and get this.

This pedal is soo simple to use its got volume, tone, and distortion level but what makes this different from the DS-1 is the turbo feature when enabled it gives u a bit more crunch, designed for leads.