DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: Tonika Music

I mostly use my fake Strat with this, using it as my punk/hard rock setup, the effect itself isn't noisy, effects are as strong as an a-bomb, but you can water it down to a feather if you forget to unplug it. When I play punk I usually play sex pistols, and that sound is achieve-able. The highs are very high, and the lows are lower than the highs.

It suits old punk, some reggae, rock, hard rock, softer metal, a wallop of what I do not play I reackon to. At first I had no idea what the turbo mode was, but if you have a Boss switch pedal, unlike I do, you can go into turbo mode, which I have no clue how it sounds. I would get it over and over agina if it were stolen, better than the DS-1, but if you want to play from hard rock and up, you are better off with maybe a Mega Distortion or a Metal Zone.

It came to me directly out of the factory, the store ordered it directly for me, along with some other pedals for their shop, so I know it's a late 2003 pedal. Newer Bosses tend to be less relyable, but I've had no problems. I played with it only in front of my band members, since we play metal mostly, which I use my other pedal the HM-2 for.

This pedal has a range of sounds, so you'll have to fiddle with it for a long while, before you can really get you favorite sound out of it. The manual is clear, this was my first pedal, just never reviewed it, I've had it for a year now. You're gonna need the preferances part in the manual, with this range of sounds.