DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: Buckley's Music

I'm using my DS-2 with a Peavey Backstage for practice, and it sounds great. Very little noise, and with any logical settings, it will really make your distortion come alive. I Play mainly Grunge and punk, and the pedal is well suited to both genres. I can get sounds ranging from Nirvana (obvoiusly, considering that Kurt used this pedal for the In Utero recording) to Blink 182 with juse a turn of the tone knob.

Overall, this pedal fits every musical genre I can think of, and in my 2 years of playing, I haven't heard a pedal so versitaile. I compared this to an Ibanez Tubescreamer, and picked the Boss because of my musical genres. If this was stolen, I would definatly buy another one (but maybe wait for a sale, the retail is 128.99 CDN). It is a great value, and I recommend that you Pick one up!

Like all Boss pedals, they're built like Miniature tanks so you can stop, bash, and kick the hell out of it and it will still work great! You'd be foolish to waste money on a back up pedal, you'd never use it, although I do reccomend the AC adapter, cuz I don't what the battery life is like.

The DS-2, the sister to the legandary DS-1 popularised by the late Kurt Cobain! This Pedal has it all! All the features of the DS-1 with an added turbo feature to add crunch. Everthing is explained in the manual (although it's not rocket science to use it) and there is even a setting log for your favorite settings.