DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: tom lee music

I run my Fender strat/epiphone les paul through this baby and a cheap Ibanez 10g amp, the guitars themselves sound great with the distortion in the amp, but when fired through this pedal it's frighteningly good, it's got many different levels of distortions and sounds, I can easily turn the "turbo" or "tone" control and easily get Nirvana, Nickelback, Green Day, All-American Rejects, anything, the "volume" and "dist" provide a little scope for variation and fun and if you spend a little more time on it, you'll really find the number of sounds that this pedal produces is plenty, plenty, more than enough for budding guitarists like me, and good enough for a casual jam if you're a pro gitarist.

I play rock and anything along those lines that interest me, and this pedal readily provides the sounds I want, whether I'm practing or performing, I would recommend this to anyone Who needs a good distortion pedal, forget the Death Metal ones and the Overdrive pedals, one turn of the knob here will give you what you want, if I lost it I'd definitely go and get a new one, Boss pedals are good-they know who's Boss!

I would use this without a backup because it's solid, sturdy, tough and trully dependable, I've used it for jam sessions at my friends place for band practice and never had a problem, very reliable. This pedal has been around for quite a while but it doesn't show any scrathes, paint loss, loose bits or anything negative, I would say it's a very dependable machine.

Very easy to navigate, I didn't get a manual because it was the last one in the store (proof of populartiy), but I figured the controls easily in two minutes, extremely user-friendly, controls are easy to read, understand and use. It's not hard to get a satisfactory sound because every turn of the knob provides something different, it allows me to really be creative and sculpt the sound I want.