DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: panasonic

I use an Ibanez RG370, and a Roland amp. the distortion on DS-2 is really clear, and suits grunge and alternative music such as Nirvana or the Smashing Pumpkins or even Black Sabbath. The DS-2 also gives a loud roar and crunch which makes it even more special. The pedal always sounds great, even with volume turned down. I personally think the DS-2 works better with a Fender, because of the coiled pickups which gives it a more grungier sound like nirvana. But overall this has to be the best distortion pedal made by Boss.

Since I play anything from Grunge to alternative this pedal is a good match for me. I've been playing for about 10 months and love playing a lot of Nirvana, so the pedal suits my style of music. Also own the Zoom G1X, and trust me don't buy it if you want distortion, it has some cool effects such as the Fender simulator and delay, reverb etc. but lacks the distortion crunch and boom. The option if you want overdrive or distortion is Boss and plus they are more cheaper. I wish the DS-2 had the feedback like the Boss df 2 which would have made this pedal even better.

It is very reliable and I would always depend on this pedal. I would definitely use this pedal without backup. But to be on the safe side it would be better to use the AC adaptor during a gig. This pedal also looks very strong because it's made out of metal.

This pedal is quite easy to use. It has 3 simple knobs, one for level, tone and distortion. There is also another knob which swithes from turbo 1 to turbo 2. The DS-2 also comes with a manual which shows each function of the knobs and also how to change the 9v battery.

kanguuu
    It's alright as long as you are using a half decent amp. For example it sounds wank with Marshall MGs
    roksta101
    which one is best for versatility (i dont want a box like mainly for metal) should i get a MT or a DS? and a box that'll cover most distortions
    black_sabbath85
    Ahh.....just get a BOSS MT-2(Metal Zone).....its superb and has 6 knobs on it - distortion, level, high,low.middle and mid freq. Awesome for playing metallica and a whole bunch of other stuff. And its not necessarily just for metal music, u can do almost anything by playing aroudn with the knobs. I would recommend the MT-2 anytime over the DS-2