DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: Local store

My setup is: Ibanez GRG170DX and a Ibanez Tone Blaster 50W. I have only experience one sound problem with it. It does overtones a bit easy and it can be a little problem. But it can also be my amplifier. Overall the sound is perfect! I play a big variety of music. But mostly Hard rock, Metal, but also old Rock. And the pedal isnt the best of doing Metal, but Rock, Hard rock, Grunge and other. It really has a great sound!

The match is good at my Music style. I like the Boss DS-2 very much. I also use some other pedals: Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95, DigiTech RP100, and I just ordered, DigiTech Death Metal, Behringer UC100. I might put an review on them to! Overall(love that word) I like the DS-2 very very much! Boss is great!

The reliability is very big, I would think it is the Boss design. It is so great! and the construction is overall very good. The stompbox is also great! And I would definitely use it on a gig without backup. It's a great pedal! A great distortion pedal from Boss.

The pedal is easy to handle, And it has a good sound! It was my first pedal. I wanted a Boss pedal with good Distortion, so I emediatly looked up the DS-2. It has a resemblance to the the DS-1, apart from the two different modes. The knobs are easy to handle and the variety of the sounds is not very big(could be my amplifier). Overall the sounds is great! all from bluesy rock tones, to cool Grunge sounds.

-sam-
    i borrowed one from a friend, sounds terrible through my ac 30, i only use it when i need a slightly heavier sound when playing live with my band, sounds alright as a tone booster but sucks for stand alone distortion.