DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: Barnstrom Music-Medway

I'm using this pedal with I've played with this pedal on much lager amps and it does a better job with that because I get a lot of buzzing from this pedal in my small 20 watt amp. However it still sounds good without the buzzing. The pedal is great though, I can get a warm slight bluesy distortion or even a crunching thrash metal distortion. I use this pedal for everything. But I specially like to use the turbo feature when I'm playing stuff like Janes Addiction.

I play mostly alternative and Grunge like Janes addiction, Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine, and other stuff like that. But I also play classic rock like The Who, The Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin. But not only those two genres but I also play some thrash like Metallica and Megadeth and when I got this pedal I was suprised that I could use this pedal for every one of these bands. I even use this pedal over the distortion on my amp. I have been playing about two years and owned two other pedals but this one wins by far. I play it with a Berhinger delay pedal and a Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal. If I lost this pedal somehow I would definitely look into buying another one, I'd try to find a decent used one though because I realize it's expensive new. I love this pedal because I can use it with everything and do. I also love the turbo feature great for leads.

I'm not going to lie I only got this pedal about a year ago so I can answer this for sure. But I've unfortunately had to play this pedal in the rain once and it still worked fine. I probably beat this pedal to death more than I should but it still seems to work fine and hasn't broken yet.

This pedal is simple as can be, I've never had a problem with figuring out how to use it. Its only 3 different tone dials and then a dial that switches between the regular distortion and then then turbo feature. Also replacing the batteries is fairly simple just take the cover out and put it back on.

sheroman
    I play kinda indie rock on my Roland Cube30... Kings of Leon mainly, the Killers, RHCP etc...would this pedal be any use for me? Or what about the BOSS DS-1 or SD-1 Super Overdrive? Any help will be greatly appreciated
    alvich
    wesselbindt
    alvich wrote: i like paul gilbert, kiko loureiro, and malmsteen would this pedal suit me? or what should i get?
    Depends on your amp. Paul uses a Fulltone OCD, that's all I know. I don't like the DS-2 it's too fizzy. :/