DS-2 Turbo Distortion review by Boss

Boss: DS-2 Turbo Distortion

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

Right now my setup is a Pignose 60R and a Roland Cube 15 (both hooked up together). On the Pignose I have the midrange on full, master volume on full, volume on about a quater, bass and treble on half way. These setting apply to the Roland cube appart from the treble which is a quater of the way. I have been able to find sounds that are suitable for many genres including heavy metal, Grunge and even some old rock. The distortion you can get from this pedal is very good and I am satisfied with this buy.

I am very influenced by bands like Nirvana, black flag, the melvins and metallica. This pedal is suitable for all those genres, especially Nirvana songs! If anything happened to this pedal I would definatly buy it again. I have been playing around 5 years now and I have a Pignose 60R, a Roland Cube 15 and a electro harmonix small clone. My current guitar is a les paul copy (don't laugh it was one of my first guitars!). I worked in a music shop for my work experience, the guys there were nice enough to let me try some of their stock. I came across this pedal and thought "this is the pedal I've been looking for!". I got it as a gift for christmas and it is definatly one of the best things I own! I highly recommend this to gigging guitarists who have a taste for distortion!

This pedal is very reliable, iv have taken it many places. It is fairly small and easy to travel with. It is light and can easily be stored in a rucksack or even a medium sized pocket! It is very sturdy and feels like it would take quite a beating! I would use this pedal and rely on it not to break during a show because I doubt it ever will! (unless it is purposely set on fire or something)

This pedal is definatly one of the easiest pedals I have used. With 4 knobs includint a tone knob, level knob, distortion knob and the turbo feature (hence the name). The turbo knob is more of a 2 way Switch with position 2 giving it that little extra sound. The level Switch I have noticed can give lots of feedback (the good kind!) if it is turned up high, the tone gives it a lighter sound if turned up high. this pedal has 3 ports, an input, out and a remote port. This pedal is battery powered but there is a 9V port at the back if you wanted to use an adaptor.