EH-2 Enhancer review by Boss

Boss: EH-2 Enhancer

Purchased from: Ardens Music

I have it set up with my Boss DS-2 and crate GX-15 combo amp. My signal chain is : Guitar-->Boss DS-2-->Boss EH-2-->Amp It makes the distortion cut through much more. Before it was essentially a wall of noise. Now it is bareable. The mid boost on the DS-2 is more controlled, and the bass and treble are much better, they exist now.

This pedal is suited for all styles, it can work with any player in my opinion. For my MuDvAyNe, Metallica, Tool style playing, it suits it fine. It is very much like a BBE Sonic Maximizer, only cheaper. It does the same thing essentially. It's the only pedal that will never leave my signal chain. And if it ever dies, I'm going hunting for another, although I doubt that will happen.

Like all Boss pedals, they are built like a tank. I will use this for every gig i ever play and I wouldn't ever think to have a back up, it wouldn't be needed. It is a very reliable pedal.

This is the easiest piece of gear to get a good sound out of. It's 3 controls (Mix, Frequency and Sens) make it very easy to get a tone you like. Mix controls how much the dry signal is mixed with the "enhanced" signal. Frequency controls the frequency it enhances at. and sens controls how it reacts to the enhancing. low sens = low ammount of enhancing, high sens = high ammount enhancing.

Kirdy
    Whats Mix, Frequency and Sens? soz i dont really know much cos im looking to buy some effects
    Bob_Sagget
    will-loves-zep wrote:what does this pedal do?
    This is just like the bbe sonic maxemizer ppl really dont know what it does, it just makes your sound better
    MaggaraMarine
    Judging by demos it can for example make humbuckers sound more like single coils. It is kind of an EQ pedal I think.
    diabolical
    By producing them Boss admits their pedals incur "tone suck", which in turn has to change their stance on buffered bypass, something they embrace mainly because it is cheaper to produce.
    werper
    What does it do? It ENHANCES your tone (2x as much as the EH-1). Duh!
    DaBlackE
    I wish Boss would reissue this pedal or come out with a EH-3. Why would they stop making this FX? They made these between 1990-1998.