FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster review by Boss

Boss: FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster

Purchased from: Musician's friend

I am using this at the end of my effects chain, it goes guitar > Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah > DigiTech RP-500 Multi-Effects Processor > Behringer Vintage Tube Monster > BOSS FB2 > Kustom 12 Gauge Amp/HOTRODDED. The effect is strong at all times, and in all applications. I really don't want to sound like any other artist, as that isn't where I want to go musically.

I play most types of music, with leanings towards rock, blues, metal, and punk.This pedal works for them all. I have been playing about 30 years. I don't like the recovery time that it takes to get back to a natural tone, but I have found that I can use the recovery time to sustain my notation. But, any how it gets a 9, here. Yeah, if it was stolen I think I'd get another, I like what it does.

Looks like it'll stand up, like all Boss pedals, made, for the road. So it would seem to be reliable. I've only had it for a couple of days though, so I really don't know. Still and all, it seems okay to me.

This pedal is totally cool, it works with your amp, no matter what type, and/or other effects quite well. It's new so there's no review, yet. I saw the reviews that were posted on the M.F. website, and they weren't too encouraging, but I also saw the review that Paul Riario posted on the Guitar World website, and decided to buy it anyway. I was happily surprised! Total control over your feedback, and it will give you all the F. B. you need to color your compositions, even on a clean sounding amp, and AT ANY VOLUME. Wow, what a plus to my rig, and sound.

DanTheHobbit
    Given that you haven't seen a review of this product before (as this is a newer pedal), you owe it to yourself and prospective buyers to be more in-depth with your appraisal. This sounds like a pandering review made to sell a product instead of inform consumers. The curt, casually vague, and overwhelmingly non-critical tone of the review do a disservice to both the guitar-playing public and the company. This is a public forum, not a coddled friend who needs encouragement after a bad spell. How sensitive are the knobs? What's your impression of their expressions? How effective/transparent is the boost, and how about the feedback? Is there an obvious design preference regarding the two effects? How is its interaction with your chain versus it being a stand-alone pedal? Given its prescribed uses, where would you say its proper placement in the pedal chain should be? What of the alleged tone suck of Boss pedals? How long is the approximate recovery time? How essential is it as a feedback pedal compared to shoving one's guitar in front of the amp? I don't mean this as an attack. I'm being an editor here. Honestly, the average guitarist should know that Boss makes road-worthy pedals de rigueur. Your experience should do more of the talking than you allow in your review. You should be informing others about this pedal's merits and shortcomings in greater detail.
    krankersore
    Okay.pal,I guess I care enough to answer the best I can.I'm not a reviewer,as such.(I don't do many reviews). the knobs aren't too sensitive so one can find the point they want to tweak it to. I bought the pedal to use on my effects POST the pre-amp,so it's the point I wanted to beef up my tone,it does quite well at that.And when enacted the pedal give a little boost,(small,nothing intense), to the overall tone.Kind of cool,to me. I really have no experience using it another way. As i said in the review it gives feedback to ANY tone your amp can put out,even clean. you can also place the pedal differently for various feedbacks. the time suck you refer to is probably the recovery time,(about 1 second),I experienced one can let a note sustain or slide down the strings for interesting tones during this. An advantage to the pedal as opposed to standing in front of the amp is I can be across the room and get natural sounding feedback,so no matter what I play,I can color the tone.