FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster review by Boss

Boss: FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster

Purchased from: Sweetwater

The character knob is important, but it's extremely limited. The only place you can really have the dial is, as I said before, past halfway, around 1 or 2 o'clock. The tone knob is the main knob to use to really shape the sound of the boost, allowing you to create many different styles and tones. When it comes to the feedback, it's hard to not get a good sound out of it. I have noticed no noise, from this pedal, minus the usual noise that I have on my amp. I am running this through a Gibson SG Special with Seymour Duncan '59 pickups and a Fender Mustang II. This pedal is pretty helpful with boosting up your solos, and the feedback feature is cool, but there is about a 1 or 2 second delay before the feedback actually starts to kick in.

I play mostly Classic Rock and Hard Rock, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, GN'R, and this pedal works just fine. It would definitely work with almost any other style. I wish I had tried the pedal first to see how the feedback feature works, as there is quite a delay, which bothers me a bit. If it were stolen or lost, I would think about buying it again, but maybe get some other pedals first. I love the feedback it creates, I hate how tough it is to find a good tone. Overall, it gets the job done, and creates realistic feedback, albeit with a bit of a delay.

Come, on guys. This thing is a rock. The knobs are well secured, and it is very solid. I would definitely gig without a back up, and the only complain anyone could have is that it takes all of two hours to drain an alkaline battery. Obviously, it should be used with an adapter.

With just four knobs, with only three for the boost and one for feedback, this pedal is very simple, but not necessarily easy to find a good sound. The Manual is in-depth and such, but really, its not necessary. However easy the pedal is to use, it is not exactly easy to find a good tone for the boost. The feedback is relatively easy to get a good sound from, but after playing with this thing for hours, I am still not satisfied with the tone that it puts out currently. The character knob is not extremely helpful, considering you dull your tone a lot if you don't go past halfway, making it harder to get a nice tone. The boost level is quite the opposite, as it easily allows you to change the volume of the boost. The tone knob is much easier to use than the character, and it really can work for a multitude of styles, and is useful all around the dial. As far as feedback goes, just hold down the pedal, it's pretty straightforward.

Smart Patrol
    PatoMuerto13
    ("I have watched it in You Tube. Its like the descontinued Superfeedbacker and Distortion. The feedback function is started in the same way.") Au contraire, SmartPatrol. The feedback on the FB-2 is WAY more natural than the DF-2, which had more of a synthesized, artificial feedback, complete with minor artifactual glitches. (artifactual... Hmmm... I think I made that up). The FB-2 is, overall, a great advancement from the original DF-2 of the 80's. The harmonic overtones pop just like "real" feedback in that "sweetspot". Although, I tend to use my FB-2 mostly for bedroom antics than for the stage. (but keep it on my pedalboard for that extra push when I need it). My JCM800, BKP Nailbomb/Warpig humbuckers and Keeley Four-Knob Compressor give me all the feedback and sustain I need on stage. Nevertheless, a fun pedal to play with! Cheers.
    ex350
    The FB-2 does not worked on Variax guitars. Anyone has the same experience?
    xv1700
    I think it works best right at the end of the chain so that it has your full signal to boost and feedback on. Loving my FB-2 is just great for stimulating creativity, adds a bit of chaos into the mix which gives some great ideas. It's also a great companion when you are playing on your own at reasonably quiet levels - gives great atmosphere for practice.
    douglas.kelban.
    Hi, and thanks to all for your help. Where in the effects pedal chain would the feedback pedal optimally go?