GE-7 Equalizer review by Boss

Boss: GE-7 Equalizer

I use this with an Ibanez Gio and a modified Cort Knock-off Stratocaster into a Crate GT212. It gives a very nice boost right where you tell it to. The controls work like a charm. My only greivance is that it gives off a slight hum when using the full boost.

I play mostly grunge, punk, hardcore, and noise. It is great for a nice boost when needed. I often use it almost as a volume pedal. I dial in my lead tone on the equalizer and put the boost all the way up. I then put my rhythem sound into the amp. When playing an intro or solo, I turn on the equalizer with my lead tone. When singing, I turn off the equalizer for my softer rhythm sound. I also use it often to give a bass type pop sound to an intro. Overall very nice. This is the best equalizer I've seen, and I would buy it again.

It's a Boss. Nothing else to say.

The only flaw. Although it comes with an instruction manual, it really isn't any help. What you have to do is sit down for a while, work with it hooked up to your amp, and figure out how it works. After that initial process, though, it's very easy to use.

ArcherTheVMan
    well its not going to get any easier than that with an eq so i dont see how you should grade it down because of it. as eqs go thats actually quite easy to use.
    Mahavishnu80
    Dont get the ge10-it isnt very good-its way too digital/saturated sounding. Best EQ's are the Electro Harmonix or the Kerry King model.
    PuReDeAtH
    I agree totally, but maybe you should go a little more in-depth on how you use it though, an also I agree about the manual, it is the blandest thing I've ever seen. Maybe they should spend some more time explaining what each level does.