GE-7 Equalizer review by Boss

Boss: GE-7 Equalizer

Purchased from: Showtime Music

I use my Boss GE-7 Equalizer pedal with a Paul Reed Smith SE Billy Martin Model, a Zoom 505 Multi-FX pedal, and a 15 watt Marshall DFX amp. It does make a slight buzz like noise if you crank the level on it, but with a good NoiseGate you don't even really notice it. The effect is basically just to improve the sound of your existing set-up, and it always sounds great. It can also be used to slightly mold the sound of your guitar, to better match what your playing. I use it to match sounds of some the bands I play songs from, Breaking Benjamin, Slipknot ans Nonpoint just to name a few. It does what it does very well.

The Boss GE-7 Equalizer pedal is a great thing for any musician to own. I have been playing over a year now, an the Boss EQ pedal has been a great help to model an shape my sound to what I believe my music should sound like. If my EQ were to be stolen, I would definately get a new one, I have grown to love the crisp tone quality, an can't play with out it. The one thing I hate about it though, is how easy it is to misunderstand the settings on the pedal. So many settings so little instructions on what they do. I just with that it had a built in NoiseGate, an it would be the greatest addition to any guitar player's arsenal.

It's very reliable, but seems to eat the batteries quite readily, I'd always keep a spare 9v handy, just in case. If I was on a gig I'd probably have a backup, you never know when a short may happen. Stands up well against all the jumping an stomping, an I'd say it's very much durable an sturdy. I've been using it a while an it barely has a scratch on it.

The Boss GE-7 Equalizer has a great tone to it, and almost just by plugging it in does it improve your tone quality. When used in combination with other pedals, it takes their tone an makes it crisp an clean, almost as if by magic. The manual, though, could have used some work. The EQ pedal has several adjustable levels on it, an yet the manual does not even begin to say what each one does, let alone what level is best for what.