GE-7 Equalizer review by Boss

Boss: GE-7 Equalizer

Purchased from: East Coast Music Mall

I love what the GE-7 does to my tone. I like to put it in a frown shape by boosting the highs and lows, and I tell you, it really boosts my tone. When I thrown down my riffs, it really gives them balls. When I launch into my soloing, it helps my tone cut through and makes it that much more enjoyable. One complaint is the slight hum, which you can just ignore.

I play everything from blues to classic rock to occasional metal, and I can tell you honestly that the GE-7 enhances my tone no matter what I play. I've only owned this pedal for a few motnhs, and I refuse to go onstage without it. If it were stolen, I'd definitely buy it again. I believe every serious guitar player should own an EQ, and this is one of the best EQs out there.

It may sound cliche, but this pedal is built like a tank, as most Boss pedals are. I never need to worry about it breaking or screwing up when I play. My one complaint, as someone else said, is that it sucks the life out of batteries (which I use). With heavy playing, I need to replace the battery every one or two weeks, which can get annoying. But not a problem if you use a power supply.

This thing is extremely easy to use, if you know how to work it. It helps to know what each band does to your sound. I had to go to the Boss website to get settings, but their settings work like a charm. Again, easy if you know what to do with it. Boss pedals are usually pretty simple, and this one is no exception.

fleh
    DOMR28
    fleh wrote: its an eq if u need instructions u cant know what an eq does so whyd u buy it wud actually quite like an answer...
    ditto! these are made for people who have a tone in mind but can't quite get it through a dist. pedal alone. why even bother with factory recommendations. you'll just sound like everyone else. Now that's bland!