GE-7 Equalizer review by Boss

Boss: GE-7 Equalizer

I use this Boss eq with my Jackson rr3 and Dean avalanche 7 string. and I have it going through my fx loop. The settings I'm useing are just slightly moved from center in the bass and mids to get a different sound thand what I use on my amp. I have tweeked the setting a lot and have never noticed any noise. I guess you might get some noise if you crank certant freq. I mainly use it with my 7 string to get more "thump".

Over all this pedal does it's job and does that job well. I think of it as another channel on my amp. I can't think of how many times befor I got this that I would be by my amp to tweek the settings to get the sound that seemed fit. I play rock and metal and mainly play lead. I have gone to music shops befor and messed around with all the Boss pedals on dissplay so I had a good understanding on how to get this pedal to do what I wanted it to. no questions were needed. I love that it can Switch from one sound to another with just a stomp acting like another channel on a amp. I hate that it's brown... light brown at that. well there is only one feature so I guess that's it lol. I compared this to a few other eqs, a DOD 7 band, and a MXR 6 band, I just liked the Boss better. It would be nice to a few more bands of eq I mean MXR has 10bands why not Boss compacts? A new color would also be nice.

Its a Boss pedal, what is there to say? IF you have played Boss pedals befor you know they are known for durability and reliability. I have seen many other Boss pedals that looked like they were at the bottom of the titanic and had spounges growing on them and they still worked fine. Iv owned a few Boss pedals over the years and I know why I stick with them, they are just awesome.

The lay out is simple. you have 7 bands of eq and a level. I don't think there is a way they could make it simpler. anyway this eq is simple to get close to the sound your after. just plug in, set all the sliders to the middle position and start sweeking. From left to right it goes from your bass freq. to you treb. freq., The manual from Boss gives you a few good setting for starting points. Like I said it's easy to set up and get to rocking.

NathanRobbins
    can anyone in the universe post a review that doesn't own a F#$%ING Gio, 15 watt garbage band amp, or line 6 (redundant)?
    pebbles123
    beanhead wrote: i use the ge7 with a line 6 spider 3 150watt amp. any1 else? the thing is too noisy with the slighest bit of gain you cannot shape the sound at all, the buzz is overwhelming. it resides on clean but is still noisy when u crank up the volume.
    dude ur using a line 6 spider xD all my pedal set up sounds like crap on my friends 50 watt amp. on my marshall souds like a dream.
    Mr. Tomnus
    hey guys, for all those wondering how to use this pedal, it is best explained on gearwire.com. they have a vid showing what the different ranges do. so i hope that can help you.
    hobo slayr
    im using a boss ds1 distortion and a cheap amp. thers kinda a lot of buzzing and screeching in the background. would this equalizer help? or should i get a better amp or what?
    SlashWannabe1
    lol, the DS-1 is a quiet pedal especially with the Ge-7, think maybe yer amp needs to be looked at for that buzzing. My Fender Bandmaster with a DS-1 and Ge-7 had a very acceptable noise floor for pushing the crap out of my 6L6s.
    thenextkirk92
    Mahavishnu80 wrote: Dont get the ge10-it isnt very good-its way too digital/saturated sounding. Best EQ's are the Electro Harmonix or the Kerry King model.
    Umm MXR 10 band?
    oOJonnyLOo
    eqing is personal preference and trial and error, these people seem to want step by step instructions on how to find their favourite tone... morons.