GE-7 Equalizer review by Boss

Boss: GE-7 Equalizer

Price paid: € 100

Purchased from: Reynolds Music Letterkenny

I've noticed that this thing is noisy as any other pedal I have (including the Behringer feedbacker), but you can get it modded by some guys on ebay, or just buy one from them, and they are miles quieter. I don't know if it's true bypass or not but I've heard it isn't so don't quote me on that. When you step on this thing, you know it's on, it completely alters your sound and if you don't have a noise suppressor you will know about it when you stop playin. You can get a nice scooped sound out of this for that thrashy metal sound and instead of buying Kerry Kings signature KFK Q-zone you can buy this, I think it'd do pretty much the same job.

I use this to change the sound of my distortion for a boost during a solo or I scoop it for some serious metal chug, but I do use this with an NS-2 so I can rely on it to keep everything quiet. If it were stolen, I would get another one, but I would give the MXR 6 band eq a shot, just to see what it's like and if it wasn't as good, I'd buy a modded version of the GE-7 to quiten the thing down. What I like about this pedal is when I'm at practice and we start playing "Born As Ghosts" by RATM, this thing hits the cut radio sound perfectly. It just makes it sound more authentic. I wish it had a built in noise gate to compensate for the noise.

As with all Boss pedals, this thing is built to last so I would use it without a backup. I apparently have to type more characters into this field so I can complete this review. Ah, feck, now I have to type 79 more friggin letters. Since when did this start happening anyways...

It's as simple as breathing to use, its 7 sliders to adjust your tone and a volume slider to adjust a potential boost or cut in volume and a footswitch to activate it. The manual is foolproof and dead easy to use. I have to write more in this field to accomodate (I think I have written that incorrectly) the lack of characters in this field.