GE-7 Equalizer review by Boss

Boss: GE-7 Equalizer

Purchased from: Guitar Center Used Shelf

The setup I use with this pedal is an LTD V 401DX through an MXR Badass Overdrive then my Blackstar HT5 Head with this in the loop. Basically stated this can make your setup sound entirely different once you start it up. I typically boost the mids on my pedal, then flatten the sound with my amp, then scoop the mids with the pedal. It can sound a bit digitally at times but 9 times out of 10 its because the highest frequency is a little bit to hight up, or your amp blows [line 6, cube, most digital or solid states... Basically the amps used by every other reviewer]. My favorite part about this pedal is the ability to get a very thunderous sound from it but still have a great crunch to it as well, but a word to the wise is to only use it the effects loop because it is nearly impossible to get a satisfactory tone when fronting an amp with this.

My overall impression of this pedal is that it is a great E.Q for making an ok tone into a great tone... Or atleast not that much worse. My tone before was kind of flat and crunchless like a ran over gummy bear but with this I am able to get a livley tone. Oh yea and the volume slider can compress your tone a bit so I boost it a little bit to imprve my tone.

This is a pretty tough pedal. I haven't gigged with it but its traveled to a few friends houses and back with out blowing up so I guess that makes it good enough to gig with. Ok well I need a bunch more characters in this part so um uh well... [whistle whistle]

This pedal is very easy to use after a bit of tweaking. It took me maybe an hour to completely understand the operation of the pedal. Its got 7 bands of E.Q which make it versatile but easy to use, which is a major plus when you need to shape up a certain tone fairly quickly. However one slip on the slider and you could end up sounding terrible, the sliders are pretty sensitive.