GE-7 Equalizer review by Boss

Boss: GE-7 Equalizer

Purchased from: Dynatone

I use this EQ in front of tube Vox AC4TV (which has very limited tone-shaping with a single tone control) with a Fender Strat. This pedal works great with my setup, it really brings a whole new pallette of sounds. It can get a bit noisy if you boost a lot of frquencies, but it's not as noisy as some reviewers claim. It can be also used with an Overdrive pedal for making an unique voice. For example, I use my Soldano Supercharger GTO Overdrive with this EQ, and when I boost the mids and cut most of the lows I get a tight sound suitable for modern metal.

Overall it's a great EQ for a great price. I compared it to a MXR M-109 and in my opinion, this pedal is much better, because it has more features and the sound and responsiveness is just as good. It can bring life to any rig, and turn a good sound into a great sound.

This pedal is built like a tank. Boss pedals have always been known for their reliability and this one is not exception. It's nearly indestructible.

The features of this great little box are simple, so it's extremely easy to use. There are 7 bands that boost or cut frequencies: 100, 200, 400, 800, 1.6k, 3.2k, 6.4k, and a single volume level band. All bands are able to cut or boost up to 15dB. Sliders on this pedal are quite responsive and easy to read even in low-light conditions. This pedal came with a manual, which you can use to start tweaking it, but the pedal's layout is so intuitive that I don't need a manual to use it.