GE-7 Equalizer review by Boss

Boss: GE-7 Equalizer

Purchased from: 4Sound

It all depends on how you set it. My suggestion is to read, on the internet or other places, about EQ and frequencies. Ask a friend that knows about EQ or just experiment with an EQ. The manual didn't do me any help. I don't want to call it a "manual" mostly because it was just a 1-2 side paper with some instructions on how to operate the pedal. Other Boss pedals have better instructions included with them. A lot of amps have equalizer in them but they are mostly parametric but the GE-7 is a graphic 7-band equalizer which is easier to control and also gives you a better understanding of how to look at an equalizer.

An essential effect pedal. It's hard to say what is good with this pedal because it can either sound bad or good depending on how you set it and how it plays with the other effects in the chain. To answer a few questions: I don't have or play any specific music style, I play a lot of things and this pedal can really suit any playing style or genre. The user just has to know how to set it. The internet has a lot of suggestions. The included manual isn't much of a help (too bad). My suggestion is to use it with the Boss PSA, that way you won't get any noise issues. On higher settings, e.g. if you boost the treble frequencies it may get a little bit noisy but that's to expect from EQ-pedals.

It's a Boss, so what can you expect? Very durable and you can rely on it during live shows. It will last forever (or until you drive on it with your car, maybe then it will break). The FET on this pedal is way better than most other pedals. It's silent and very sensitive compared to other similar manufactures.

As I mentions before I play a lot of things and this effect can be used with different settings to match your liking. I've been playing for a few years and own, have owned and used a lot of pedals, custom made and mass-produced gear. I knew what I wanted before I bought this pedal but I was very surprised of how much it offered and what it made with my tone that I haven't thought of before. I neither like it nor hate it, but I can't be without it. One thing I miss and that can be made for a future version is to include a few more band frequencies to experiment with, for example a 10-band EQ?