GS-10 Guitar Effects System Review

manufacturer: Boss date: 04/17/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Boss: GS-10 Guitar Effects System
The GS-10 Guitar Effects System has everything guitar and bass players need for incredible tone?like all-new amp models, overdrive/distortion modeling, independent compression and more.
 Ease of Use: 9
 7.2
 9.5
 4.9
 2,315
reviews (2) 6 comments vote for this gear:
GS-10 Guitar Effects System Reviewed by: Tynnoo, on may 04, 2004

Purchased from: Milonga

Ease of Use: I'm french so excuse me for my english. I'm playing Fender Fatstrat and Fender P-bass. Editing patches with the GS-10 is sometimes difficult because of all the option. The preamp is easy to use and select a patch is verry easy. The USB connection is easy to use too. The manual is simple to read and understand // 8

Sound: The GS-10 model the best famous guitar and bass amps. The sound is very good. It give you more than 20 distorsion or Overdrive and many wha. There is a lot of FX and they are great (but some are silly and you will never use). The onboard speakers give you what you need when you can't take your amp (about 5W I think) or when you are recording.The GS-10 is like the GT-6 and the GT-6B in the same multi-effect system with an usb connection // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have the GT-10 since one month and I can't play without it.If I break or lose it I will buy another. You can use it with an expression pedal or footswitch and (the most important!) with your PC or MAC for recording. The software is inside the pack when you buy it.You can edit 100 patches and there is 100 patches in memory (so you can have 200 patches) // 10

Overall Impression: A very good product including more than 50 fx and a lot of amp-modeling. Very good for recording too. Buy it if you can afford! // 10

GS-10 Guitar Effects System Reviewed by: sus4th, on april 17, 2008

Purchased from: sweetwater.com

Ease of Use: The unit is very easy to use. Unlike the GT-8 which needed a lot of experience with tweaking, the GT-10's wizard makes it very easy to get the tone you want for a variety of musical expressions. Using a Schechter C-1 E/A I was able to come up with a really fun crunch tone, a flanged crunch tone, a mellow chorused tone, an acoustic tone for the Piezo, and a cool Jerry Garcia type clean tone. All of this in about 3 hours. I did a lot of tweaking of the preamps and the effects, very easy to do. // 10

Sound: I use a high end pair of headphones for creating my tones as am using this unit in recording and church situations. For live, I go into a DI box and take the out into a small Fender amp for monitoring and then the XLR goes into the house. From my headphones, the amps sound true, all though you really have to tweak the mids to get warm sounds. Although I was not able to hear myself through the mains, my wife said it sounded really good, in fact she liked my tones better than when I was using the GT-8! // 9

Reliability & Durability: Can take a lickin' I am sure! I will be using this in the studio and in a church situation, so no beer soaked stages in my future. However, this is a tough unit with a metal case and strong foot controls. Looks like it could take a beating! It is a bit heavy. // 10

Overall Impression: Over all the GT-10 is the only unit I will need. It works great in the studio and Live, but then I do not really use an amp live. If you are married to an amp and the tone you get from that amp, then this will probably not be the unit for you. But if you want a huge variety of tones, great flexibility, amp modeling that sounds very close to the originals, then this is the unit for you. The one drawback thus far are the LED lights. They are so bright that I believe that the space shuttle pilots can be guided by them. You can't even read the words above the lights to see what they control when they are on. But other than that, this unit is killer! // 9

Comments