GT-100 Amp Effects Processor review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Boss: GT-100 Amp Effects Processor

Purchased from: Bharat Musical, New Delhi, India

Well at present I am far away from my home using a Kramer Guitar connected to a small home Amp without any effect, the GT-100 even gives you option to choose an amp, in the setting module which is again an add on here. It is noisy on some settings, however I am sure that is guitar specific, cannot hold a processor responsible for that all the time. I could get the sound of Gary Moore from preset "FEEDBACK CONTROL" I guess its P-24, bank 2, I use that preset to play "The Loner" by Gary Moore. Even I created a patch to play "shine on your crazy diamond", so lots of effects man, I can tell you that... BOSS has really reloaded the unit with so many many many parameters, but yes guyz I am not sure though but if you are a kind of player who believes in ready made patches and not much into twiking this unit can be a bit un-easy for you. (Totally my personal opinion - cannot be generalised). Something that amazed me is the manual mode where each padel can be used as different stompboxes, and over all the processor has knob based editing which gives a great feeling, other then just giving buttons all over its always ease of use to dial a tone.

I am playing guitar from the last 15 years, and into clean blues, rock blues, bit of metal blues and lots of classic rock stuff. Well Boss always stands ahead when it comes to guitar effects, so I bought the product without having any question on my mind, one of my friend bought a ME70, which is good too. Something that Boss could have incorporated here is at least a 60 second looper which even Zoom G5 is giving, which comes half the price of the GT-100, NO drum machine, again the Zoom G5 has this feature, the GT-100 gives I guess 19 seconds og looping in sterio and 32 seconds in mono. You cannot connect a bass guitar, I am not sure but I guess you can do this with the Line 6 HD500. (Correct me if I am wrong here), but for sure its not with the GT-100. But overall if you ask me guyz I will give the Boss GT-100, 8 out of 10, I cannot say it will suit every musical style or artist but I am happy with the product as most of the time I play my own stuff. Since I am an Indian, I also play many Hindi Songs for that in many songs I use my old DigiTech RP-80, to get the kind of chorus and Phaser feel in Indian song. (I know some of you you may think why I connect my DigiTech RP-80, with my Boss GT-100, as the RP is a baby in front of the gt, but I have some good Indian tones set in the RP which I like to use. To conclude I will say what ever I have written here, it's a very very personal experience. I would suggest based on your choice you go out in the market try different products and simply don't make your purchasing decision based on reviews on the net as "as every guitar player is unique and requirements are unique" something which works for me may or may not work for you... So try, feel and then purchase... Good Luck.

It is build like a tank, however here I have a concern the accel control and the looper but has started giving a sqweek sound when you release the padel same with the bank padel number 4 and I am sure all the foot switches are going to give that sqweek sound slowly and graduelly, well no bad sounds come from the amplifier though but whenever I realese those buttons I get a sound like a mice inside the switch (like chu. Chu), but I guess it is not to worry untill any unwanted sound comes from the amplifier, may be most of all will not notice that sound when you are playing in high volume... But my concern is the unit is three months old andi was not expecting this so early.

The Boss GT-100 is certainly a great Guitar multi effects processor, amazing sound quality, very easy to use, sound/patch editing is exceptionally easy, BUT YES ITS NOT A BEGINNER PROCESSOR, you will have to have some basic idea about sounds and effects before you understand, the basic functionality of this unit. The Manual that came with the product, I would say I did not find it very comfortable as each page it takes you it tells you to refer to another, then go to another page, then go to an another page, hahahahahahaaaa, so that's a bit irritating at times, but let me tell you if you have some basic ideas about guitar processors, you will not need a manual to operate this system other then just to understand few basics which you need to know before operating any gadget. But I recommend to download the GT-100 parameters document from the web. Well to be honest I have not used the unit with an USB yet neither though I plan to but I guess I am happy with the firmware settings that came with product.(lets make life easy... hahahahahahaha). To sum up in this section the unit is very very very easy to use, and you always have the option to use the EZ-Tone feature. Which is very good even you can edit sounds in EZ-Tone section.

tjsarzo
    Excellent pedal I just got one a month ago. My only quirk is the clean tones are a but distorted but that could just be my amp. Haven't run it Into a pa yet, really looking forward to that.