GT-100 Amp Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-100 Amp Effects Processor

Purchased from: Ebay

I use a '70s strat with Kinman blues pickups which I think are superb and make the guitar with what ever wood and maple neck sound just how I want a strat to sound.I also use a Roland jc120 which again I really like. I have read a lot about the GT100 and YouTube clips which sound not so good and it gets mixed reviews which some a little unfair, a lot of people plug in and go through presets and say it sounds pants but its like anything you need to play with it. I always start by plugging guitar into amp then through the processor and match the sound with master eq and this pedal is pretty much same sound as amp hardly any colour then make sure effects are in proper order and leave the amp speaker sim off well for front of amp connection anyway, now I have found this unit by far has best Overdrive sounds very natural and you will need to set up bass and treble to your liking and don't forget the bottom setting on next page makes a huge difference. So the more you put into it the more you get out of it but very easy to get sound, the compressor is very good as are all the delays again play with the treble and bass cut offs on next page and you really can get anything you want. So in a nut shell by far the best multi effects Boss pedal I have had big improvement and a keeper, I bought a GT5 and GT10 as well as this GT100 to find best one to keep so done direct comparison with most of settings so try not to listen to people who just try presets and try for two days and send back give it a good go you won't be disappointed and glad I bought all three to see how much better it was and hope this review helps some people wanting to get or try one.

I used to play in a function band for years so had to get all sorts of different sounds and this unit gets all my sounds I need from country to blues pop funk the lot can't speak highly enough of this unit. Only other thing that would of been nice would of been another ctl pedal instead of looper pedal but that's my opinion as to me more useful live but you can plug another two in back and the line input is also good for practicing to music while headphones on nice touch and useful. So after 40 years of playing think I am there and again Kinman Blues pickups really bought my old dad's strat alive which means a lot to me thanks for reading good luck.

Only had two weeks but its Boss swear by them had Boss for 35 years never let me down hope I have not spoke to soon ha ha, it's built very well and all metal and quite weighty and very sturdy. It also has metal lead inputs so won't stop working if you stand on them. Would not need a back up for this as Boss is very reliable and this should be no different. The power supply is the plug in cable type which is handy when fitting in tight carrying bag case etc. Switches and buttons all feel firm and built to last.

Have had a lot of Boss multi effects and is easy to use only thing I would of preferred would to have effect on off buttons like GT5 and GT10 but the dual screen is a big help. The manual gives basic ish instructions which is fine. Patches are easy to edit as all is on screen one then parameters on other screen. Have not heard of any firmware but don't normally update pedals anyway. You can also according to manual set the eight rotary knobs to do different things which again you can customise to your liking and there is so much more it does that I have not looked at yet like twin channels and plucking harder to get different channels etc.