GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: Local music store

I use myself an Epiphone Les Paul Standart and Roland Cube 60 it gives some annoying background noises if I use a lot distortion, but I think the biggest fault on it are the mics of my Les Paul. Effects are marvellous, they almost always sound really great. But sometimes they make playing sound like straight from a toybox, but thanks to advanced editing options we don't have to stand it! It is really use to get sound of your favourite artist, if you know what are you looking for. There are few presets for songs like: Creep by Radio Head, Bulls On Parade by RATM, Down With The Sickness by Disturbed, Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana etc. Most of the pedals certain effects sound pretty neat, but some of them are made so efected that they sound pretty bad.

I play rock music and a lot of it's genders GT-10 is made to rock 'n roll, really worth buying if you need a pedal to rock with. But it also works great with clean songs and softer playing. I've been playing about 2 years and I got a Line6 Pocket POD pedal also and I can tell you it has no match on GT-10. If my GT-10 would get stolen, I'd probably get a new one if I had some extra money to get one. I love the good distortion and editing possibilities but I hate the annoying background noises that comes automaticly with a lot distortion. The favourite feature of this pedal that it has one of kind sound library. I'd compare this pedal to Line 6 POD X3 Live they both have really good preset libraries, are both just appeared and easy to use. GT-10 is a realy good pedal for guitarist Who looks a good easy-to-use pedal.

GT-10 is a pedal to trust. I used it in my first gig we played Ozzys Crazy Train and the sounds with it we're like straight from the album. It also works really nice with acoustic guitars. The best is that you can Switch effects on and off by your foot, that can come really handy during a gig.

GT-10 is really easy to use and get some amazing sound by it, it's library has so many different voices, for example you can choose a list of blues/metal/rock/clean sounds and there are more than 20 sounds you can still edit. Myself I found editing sounds pretty hard, but I haven't really got the whole idea of it. There comes a small manual with GT-10 and it tells really good how to start using the pedal. Boss GT-10 is basicly upgraded GT-8 but offers a lot more, and GT-10 has an USB, GT-8 doesn't.

AncientMariner0
    Punkismygod
    AncientMariner0 wrote: How easy is the new method of altering the parameters? This new graph setup? Is it any use? Is it more limited because you have to choose a style of sound as opposed to the old system where you could chose and amp model and then build from there?
    I dunno really about the graph setups, I have no manual yet. You can still chose the amp model and build from there as you want, there is alot of empty space in the sound library for your own sounds.