GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: sweetwater.com

I use a high end pair of headphones for creating my tones as am using this unit in recording and church situations. For Live, I go into a DI box and take the out into a small Fender amp for monitoring and then the XLR goes into the house. From my headphones, the amps sound true, all though you really have to tweak the mids to get warm sounds. Although I was not able to hear myself through the mains, my wife said it sounded really good, in fact she liked my tones better than when I was using the GT-8!

Over all the GT-10 is the only unit I will need. It works great in the studio and Live, but then I do not really use an amp Live. If you are married to an amp and the tone you get from that amp, then this will probably not be the unit for you. But if you want a huge variety of tones, great flexibility, amp modeling that sounds very close to the originals, then this is the unit for you. The one drawback thus far are the LED lights. They are so bright that I believe that the space shuttle pilots can be guided by them. You can't even read the words above the lights to see what they control when they are on. But other than that, this unit is killer!

Can take a lickin' I am sure! I will be using this in the studio and in a church situation, so no beer soaked stages in my future. However, this is a tough unit with a metal case and strong foot controls. Looks like it could take a beating! It is a bit heavy.

The unit is very easy to use. Unlike the GT-8 which needed a lot of experience with tweaking, the GT-10's wizard makes it very easy to get the tone you want for a variety of musical expressions. Using a Schechter C-1 E/A I was able to come up with a really fun crunch tone, a flanged crunch tone, a mellow chorused tone, an acoustic tone for the Piezo, and a cool Jerry Garcia type clean tone. All of this in about 3 hours. I did a lot of tweaking of the preamps and the effects, very easy to do.

DeanMarkleysDad
    im puking because i just bought a gt8. i went through all the trouble to get a pod x3 live but i traded it for my gt8. does that thing have a looper?
    FlameIbrah
    Time Seller wrote: Only one review? Wonder if I should get this or the GT-8, not too sure.
    Get the GT-10. It has basically all the features of the Gt-8 and a bit more. Plus it's much easier to use. You can't go wrong with it!
    iplay6string
    SINCE WHEN WAS THIS OUT? n i prefer my ME50 to the GT8 but that might just be me, the sounds seem better on it as it went for quality not quantity (and if you dropped it on the floor rather than breaking it would probably bounce back off the floor and kill you!) this looks pretty damn sweet too though!
    iplay6string
    far away my friend... nah i just aint been looking at pedals lately as i dont need to (already got a ME50) so yeah
    arowana1027
    I got rid of my gt8 last october, when I heard this thing was coming out. I traded it for a bunch o' pedals. My gt10 will be here in a few days.
    bellerophon
    @ DeanMarkleysDad It has a phrase looper. Click on pictures below the pic at the top and you can see the pedals to the right of the shuttle control.
    DeanMarkleysDad
    im just gonna grab a dl4 for my delay and looping needs. i had one before with my me50 and that was a good combo
    BEASTMAN
    Im wanting to buy an effects prossesor, Its either a GT-8 Or the GT-10, I play death Metal and not sure on which one to get?
    rahulrmishra
    i'm plannin to buy a new processor.. i have an ibanez paul gilbert signature model ie PGM 3 .. and i play metallica.. shud i go for GT 10 or Line 6's POD X3 LIVE ? please help out..