GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

The sound is sick! I use a Fernandes Montery Elite w/ the sustainer, and a baritone home-made monster running through a Solid state Hughes And Kettner. Probably the best feature is the dynamics of the amp models. So the lower you turn the volume on your guitar, the more tame the gain gets and the louder you turn up your axe the nastier the gain gets. As opposed to earlier gt models that stayed at the exact same gain no matter where the volume on your guitar was making them sound dreadfully fake. My whole set up is solid state but it still sounds much warmer than previous Boss gt models. All the effects sound fantastic, as usual.

I play rock, metal, hip-hop, electronic, and experimental music and this pedal can enhance my sound and meet my demands for all these genres. I've been playing for 13 years and use a Fernandes Montery Elite with the sustainer running into a Hughes And Kettner solid state amp. If this were stolen I would so have to get another. This thing is too awesome! I love how (once you know the pedal better) you can dedicate the tempo of any effect that has a pulse with tap tempo control feature, how you can have two totally different sounds coming from either side with different effects, how you can make interesting varying textures with the wave and internal pedals (the effects can have any part of them be it cutoff, resonance, feedback, gain level, anything automatically without you having to do anything), the looper pedal, The accuracy of the synth sounds with my sustainer system (it really does sound like I'm playing a synth), the new visual eq system that makes it wicked easy to get an awesome sound from old time radio, to balls to the wall rock'n roll, to subtle mood changing ambiance, how cool it looks, the usb feature, how well it's built, how easy it is to use and make rediculous new sounds, the slicer with a phaser and the wave changing the depth, I could go on... there's just too much great stuff you can do with this! The only thing that would make this pedal absolutely the shit would be if Boss added a 12ax7 tube to get an even better amp simulation, that would be awesome! This is till the best multi effects I have ever used though.

Built rock solid. This thing could hold its own with the equipment brutality of a tour. You could gig with this and take it into the studio the next day. You only need one unless you're Hulking out and decide to suplex this bad boy, and even then it would probably still be OK.

This is such an easy pedal to learn how to use. A retarded monkey would be able to fudge some killer sounds with this unit. I like to build my sounds from scratch having been used to the GT 3 and the GT 8. But I b-s'ed some ez-tone sounds to get a feel for it and they actually sound startlingly good for the little amount of tiempo I put into it.

S.L.A.S.H.
    The GT-10 is awesome! Its about 1,000,000 times better then my old Zoom G7.1ut
    DeanMarkleysDad
    hey, my keyboard player has a boss rc 50 loop station and i was wondering if the gt10 and the rc could sync up with the midi loop.