GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor

Price paid: C$ 489

Purchased from: ItalMelodie Montreal

I'm using my new Ibanez Iceman ICT 700 and a Marshall AVT 150X wich from I unplugged the 6 Switch pedal that came with it (useless with that GT-10). The pedal isn't noisy at all and you ever get a setting that is noisy, you can go in the effects and just turn the treshold of the noise supressor. I didn't find any effect that was weak on this pedal, seriously you won't be able to stop playing once you get that pedal. I can get any sound I want from '80s trash metal Metallica sound to a perfect acoustic sound from Opeth. I like to play Quo Vadis songs too and I can really get that Death Metal tone. I recently changed my Joe Satriani for another ICT 700 so now I got two of those awesome guitars, the second one is in setup right now for B standard tuning, it's gonna be so powerful with that pedal.

I play mostly metal but with that pedal I think I'm gonna learn other styles it sounds so good. I've been playing for 6 years now, I had an Ibanez S470DXQM, a Joe Satriani, now I got two Iceman ICT 700, a Marshall AVT 150X and a Crate GT65. If the pedal was stolen I'd get another one or hang up myself. I love the ease of use, the tones you can get out of it and the USB interface. I own a DigiTech RP200 Artist pedal and it's a piece of garbage compared to the Boss GT-10, DigiTech sucks asses big time, I got a little Line 6 ber Metal too and the only thing that's great with this pedal is the noise gate, the distortion is so digital and crapy compared to the Boss GT-10! So if you got 500$ to spend on a pedal, get this one!

I don't know if it's durable yet, I got it today so I'll post a comment later to tell that but it seems pretty solid. I would totally use this pedal on a gig without any backup. I don't have enough caracters in that section so I'm just gonna right that I don't have enough caracters.

This GT-10 is very easy to use. It has so many great presets already in there but you can get your own tone in about 5 mins. There's a little 4 pages manual that explains every preset patches and you can find any details on how to create your own patch in the other manual that comes with the pedal. If you're not really good in english, you can go to Boss's site and check out the french or other languages manuals. You can record yourself easely with a USB cable, I do it via my webcam, setting the mic to Line GT-10 and using my Sennheiser HD555 plugged in the pedal to hear myself, by the way the sound you get in the headphones doesn't compare to anything I've tried, this pedal freaking rocks! It's a pleasure to use this pedal, buy it you'll see!

Eyeball-Tickler
    If this is so great, how come the users rating is in the mid 7's. Was thinkin bout gettin this but now not so sure?
    hellview_666
    I recently bought this and I hook up my Blackstar DIST-X and Boss OC2 into the Send/Return loop.....downside I've had with is when using the A/B selection so I can go from clean chorus to my Blackstar is that the clean tone sounds like it wants to be distorted so I get his hissy tone.....any ideas?
    DeanMarkleysDad
    those would be all the people that have pods. to be honest i had a x3 live and i liked it alot. i would have kept it but the button i used most (the od/stomp) started crapping out after i had it for 3 months. i had a me 50 and now i have a gt 8. boss makes a way better floor board then line 6 but i think i line 6's amp models are better. the boss has more stomp boxes and the line 6 only has like 10. ps the delay on the line 6 sounds amazing.
    DeanMarkleysDad
    on a different topic i was so pissed after i sold my ge7 eq to get my pod. u would think a multi fx board would have a real eq not a bullshit parametric. but after owning both boards i realized that neither has one. i mean would a 7 or 10 slide eq really kill them?
    DeanMarkleysDad
    hellview_666 : i think its because u have your loop in a weird place in your fx chain. try placing it b4 the pre amp and such.