GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor

Price paid: A$ 729

I am using an ESP Horizon NT with a Randall 120W solid state head and a Peavey Valveking Cab (I don't like my Peavey Valveking 100 head and prefer the sound of my randall! ) I have made some cool distortion sounds already and don't have any noise problems... Like I said The Pre sets are crap and you need to create your own! All the effects I have added in so far seem great, tho I am yet to Jam with my band but it's quite obvious I might just need to tweak the eq a bit that is all... I have heard that through solid amps state you get a better sound with this pedal so maybe this is why I am so happy with the sound.But, once again you can edit the sounds so much that I'm sure it will suit any style of amp. I am taking 2 points off because the pre-sets are so crap but that doesn't bother me anyhow just think they could of added some better effects in the pre-sets.

I have read a few reviews saying the distortion is no good... Well, in my opinion the distortion is awesome if you have a good ear and can tweak the sounds. I have been playing guitar for YEARS... My band plays heavy Rock (www.myspace.com/erosionau) and this baby will definately have an impact on our future material in a very positive way. If it were lost I would definately cry and go replace it ASAP, I would even pay more for it... The only thing I wish it had was a better looper, so you could pre-record things etc... Maybe it does and I haven't worked it out but I doubt it... Maybe they are leaving some room to improve on the next model which makes sense because this pedal is awesome and will be hard to beat... BUY IT ALREADY.

This thing is a brick. I haven't had it long enough to quote on wear and tear issues but read the other reviews and this pedal is easily one of the strongest. I will still take my single stomp boxes to gigs as back up, but more importantly a spare power supply but that's just me.

I only purchased this unit 24 hours ago and already I'm in love. I am not a major whiz with music terminology so don't expect any high tech mumbo jumbo here but I am in a gigging Original band that plays to between 100-300 people regularly and I have an awesome ear for music. I have not quite worked the GT 10 completely but It is easy to use if you have a good ear. I have already managed to replicate the sounds of my single stomp boxes (Digitech DF7, DigiTech Chorous factory, Boss DD3 delay, Crybaby wah, DigiTech whammy) and I'm already being inspired to write new material by the endless amounts of effects I can play with... Most of the pre-sets in this pedal are crap but they are a good base to creating awesome sounds..I am taking 1 point off because it could be hard to use for someone who can't read or hear.