GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: Second Hand.

The ease of use of the GT-10 can and will be very complicated in the beginning. At that point it's a good idea to find and read the manual; it will provide a lot of tips and useful knowledge. When you get the hang of the GT-10 it will provide you with a lot of sounds, effects and possibilities, that's for sure. When talking about the manual, it can be a little hard to understand everything, but then there's the opportunity to contact your local Boss/Roland service center/support center. When it comes to editing patches, effects and parameters it important to understand what every parametre and effect does. The manual will give a detailed explanation. I really like that you can connect an external footswitch, Boss FS-6 Dual footswitch, so that you can control more effects by pressing the footswitch. The GT-10 has 2 CTL pedals on the board, but you have a lot more freedom with 2 more! I'm gonna give the GT-10 a good review, but an 8 in Ease of use, because of the complicated operation in the beginning.

The sound of the GT-10 really knocked me down; I couldn't believe that for the price I paid, that I would get so much tone and so much sound quality! The GT-10 suits my music style and also improve my overall sound and tone, compared to before. This multi FX will take you through every possible genre of music there's to be found out there - no doubt! I use the GT-10 with my Hiwatt Maxwatt G200R HD top and matching cabinet, plus my OLP MM1 electric guitar. With this setup I can achieve anything I can every dream of! With the possibility to use two Noise Gates, built in the GT-10, you can easily get rid of whatever noise you may experience. The GT-10 will give you everything from rock, pop, jazz, blus, country, metal, etc. The sky's the limit!

As for every Boss made pedal the GT-10 is built like a tank and can take some seriously beating. I'm gonna use it for live gigging, practicing and recording and I doubt that the GT-10 will fail me! Footswitches, knobs and the expression pedal is built to last and will be able to handle a lot of tap-dancing. I got a gigbag too, when I bought the GT-10, so that will protect it too. You can certainly depend on the Boss GT-100 Multi FX. It will give you everything you'll need at your feet. Finish and overall look is beautiful; I love it!

Actually I was looking for the upgrade from this multi FX, the Boss GT-100, but I didn't have the money to spend on a new one, so I bought the GT-10 second hand and I really like it! I like to have everything I need in a small size, and the GT-10 provides that! It suits every musical style I play; country, rock, pop, blues and hard rock. This has certainly been a good match for me! I can highly recommend this unit! I can't quite say when or where it compares or not compares to the GT-100, but I assume that on the GT-100 there has been a couple of major upgrades. I'm gonna buy the GT-100 when I have the money.