GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Review

manufacturer: Boss date: 01/21/2015 category: Guitar Effects
Boss: GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor
The GT-10, driven by Boss' latest custom-made DSP and proprietary sound-modeling COSM engine, is a floorboard powerhouse that offers natural and musical response as well as a marked improvement in sound quality from previous generations.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Ease of Use: 8.6
 8.5
 35,380
reviews (16) pictures (1) 75 comments vote for this gear:
GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: sus4th, on may 14, 2008

Purchased from: sweetwater.com

Ease of Use: The unit is very easy to use. Unlike the GT-8 which needed a lot of experience with tweaking, the GT-10's wizard makes it very easy to get the tone you want for a variety of musical expressions. Using a Schechter C-1 E/A I was able to come up with a really fun crunch tone, a flanged crunch tone, a mellow chorused tone, an acoustic tone for the Piezo, and a cool Jerry Garcia type clean tone. All of this in about 3 hours. I did a lot of tweaking of the preamps and the effects, very easy to do. // 10

Sound: I use a high end pair of headphones for creating my tones as am using this unit in recording and church situations. For Live, I go into a DI box and take the out into a small Fender amp for monitoring and then the XLR goes into the house. From my headphones, the amps sound true, all though you really have to tweak the mids to get warm sounds. Although I was not able to hear myself through the mains, my wife said it sounded really good, in fact she liked my tones better than when I was using the GT-8! // 9

Reliability & Durability: Can take a lickin' I am sure! I will be using this in the studio and in a church situation, so no beer soaked stages in my future. However, this is a tough unit with a metal case and strong foot controls. Looks like it could take a beating! It is a bit heavy. // 10

Overall Impression: Over all the GT-10 is the only unit I will need. It works great in the studio and Live, but then I do not really use an amp Live. If you are married to an amp and the tone you get from that amp, then this will probably not be the unit for you. But if you want a huge variety of tones, great flexibility, amp modeling that sounds very close to the originals, then this is the unit for you. The one drawback thus far are the LED lights. They are so bright that I believe that the space shuttle pilots can be guided by them. You can't even read the words above the lights to see what they control when they are on. But other than that, this unit is killer! // 9

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: Shor-T Zero, on june 11, 2008

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Ease of Use: Usually, a multi-effect pedal is supposed to be an ordeal to learn, in that you have to spend hours finding a good Overdrive or Distortion tone. Not so with the GT-10. It has a feature called the EZ Tone, which lets you graphically shape your tone. Once you do, you can save it as it's own patch, and there you go. I'll break it down into steps, since no one has yet. 01. After clicking Create under the EZ tone category, you'll choose from genres like Blues, Country, Soul Funk, Jazz, 70's Hard Rock, 80's Metal, Modern Metal, Punk, Progressive, Acoustic, and a few others. 02. From there, you Pick a variation (for example, Modern Metal has different variations that will focus on solos, or rhythm). 03. Once you Pick a variation, you use a graph system with the main knobs that feels like you are drawing on an Etch-and-Sketch. The tone is shaped by what area of the graph your cursor is in (in an x, y coordinate graph). The farther right you go, the harder the tone hits. Moving to softer warms up the tone. And then there is the solo or backing axis that modifies the mids and higher ups in the EQ. 04. You can then set delay and reverb in the next graph. And that's it. Then you can nit-Pick from there, and that could take a little while, depending on how picky you are. Editing patches is easy as well, feels like a normal unit, but it is pretty fast and easy. The manual is a little thick, but the font is also a bit bigger, so it is easy to read. The manual also has a cut-out booklet, basically a 4 page deal (front and back of 2 sheets) that has all of the presets. Very easy to use if you put at least 5 minutes into getting acquainted with the EZ-Tone deal. After that, it depends on what sound you want. I haven't owned a previous iteration of the GT-x series, but I can definitely say, it's probably a huge step up because this thing rocks. // 10

Sound: I have a few number of setups. I've yet to try my main one, which is my guitar into a Crate half-stack. I'm debating about putting my Mesa/Boogie V-Twin pedal in front of the GT-10 or behind it. I'll see how it goes. So far though, I've used it on a small Ibanez practice amp, a Fender 212R combo amp, and the headphone jack. My guitars include an ESP/ltd. Viper-400, Dean Dime Razorback (two-tone), and a Schecter Revenger 7 (7stringer). Another great thing about this pedal is that it has an output selector, which lets you Pick what kind of amp you are coming out of, and then the GT-10 will adjust it's voicing to that. You can Pick between a JC120 (from Roland), a small amp (practice amp), a combo, a stack, and a line/headphones sound (for use with a PA/mixer and/or headphones). Also, you can Pick the return inputs on the combo, stack, or JC120. Most of the presets are pretty decent. There are some that excel, but of course there are a few failures. The sound has been cleaned dramatically (from what I've heard about the GT-8) and almost all of the distortions sound great. Some of the pre-amps this thing models include a JC-120, a Vox, a Mesa/Boogie combo, a Marshall 1959, a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier, and a Tube Screamer (the pedal from Ibanez, but voiced to a pre-amp! ), a Peavey 5150, and many others. The Rectifier sounds really good. It is easy to adjust any of the pre-amps, so that shouldn't be a problem. This thing has a good number of pedals modeled too. A few I'll mention are pretty much any of the Boss od/ds pedals, a Tubescreamer, a Proco Rat, the Guv'nor pedal, a Dist+, an Octave Fuzz, and a Muff fuzz. The pedals sound really good, and there are many things you can edit about them (EQ, voicing, etc.). The distortions have a nice bite to them, and aren't very hiss-prone or whiny, like my Boss MT-2 sometimes is. In fact, I think the MT-2 modeling on this pedal might even be further improved on the original MT-2, if not even better than a modded one. it's all in the ears though, so take heed to that. There are a huge number of effects. You can make a single-coil sound like a humbucker and vice-versa. And even make your guitar sound like a hollow-body or an acoustic. I was playing this at Sam Ash with an ESP/Ltd. Eclipse, I think the 600 model with passive pickups. I turned it to an acoustic setting, strummed, and thought I had grabbed an electric/acoustic. The simulators aren't supposed to be this good! Very clean tone. Besides a guitar simulator, there are a number of effects. These are some of them: compressor, equalizer, delay, chorus, reverb, pedal wah/pedal bend, noise suppressor 1, noise suppressor 2, t wah, auto wah, sub wah, adv comp, limiter, graphic eq, parametric eq, tone modify, guitar sim, guitar synth, and many others. There are a few other synth effects. there is even a feed-back effect that simulates getting feedback, even if playing through head-phones. Pretty useful if you need a single-note phrase with some feed-back kicking in. Each effect has many different parameters to work with. Users familiar with the GT-8 will be happy to know there are now 2 control (ctrl) pedals. Basically these Switch channels on the pre-amps, turn effects on/off, and more. You can hold down on of the control pedals with your foot and get a higher Harmony part for as long as your foot is held down. So if you have a higher melody part that you want, but it comes in for 2 measures every other time you repeat the phrase, you are good to go with that, instead of looking like you are trying out for River Dance. I give sound a 9 just because of a few of the effects being a bit too "out there" in that I might never use them. But for a progressive type of player, this could be a gold-mine of effects. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Oh yes, this thing seems rock solid. You can't use it without the power-cord since there is no place for batteries. But this thing is built like a tank otherwise. The only problem is that the bank switching pedals are a little out of reach. But they aren't anywhere near the screen, which is good. I never really feel safe at any gig. I'd depend on this, but I'd carry some back up effects with me, just because that keeps me comfortable. Otherwise, if I only had room for my amp, guitar, and this, I would most definitely gig without backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play in a band that plays hard rock with a slight hint of metal. This pedal does everything I need it to in the band. As for myself, I write music as a solo project and for fun, and this takes care of everything. And I will go between different genres. If I'm feeling some blues, I kick that on. If I want to do some fun techno stuff or dark synth for industrial, I can flip that on with no problem. This really is a great pedal. It has 2 midi jacks, so you can use the GT-10 to control MIDI objects as well. I don't use MIDI, so I don't have too much to say about it. The USB is one problem though. They don't include a cable with the GT-10, and I can't get my GT-10 to work with my computer. But that's only because I have a 64-bit version of Vista Ultimate. There are drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Apple. So you should be safe. Check Boss's site for more info. on that. I can't really explain that stuff, since I'm not very tech-savvy. Customer Support, after you register for "backstage" or w/e at Boss so you can see the different manuals and stuff, is very helpful. I e-mailed yesterday about the drivers, and I was replied to today. They even sent a request to the main headquarters to see about making a 64-bit driver. No info. on that though, but it's understood. They were helpful as far as they could be, so for that I thank them. I've been playing for almost 5 years, and my multi-effect pedal before this was the Zoom GFX-5. A knob broke on it, and I wasn't too happy with what I was hearing so I decided to upgrade. I was thinking about this and the DigiTech RP-500. But I decided on this after hearing it, because it just seemed to good to pass up. And I wanted something that could create tones, instead of just full-on replicating them. My friend and other guitarist in my band isn't going to be too happy about me getting this instead of the RP-500, since we were thinking about getting the same pedals so we'd have identical sounds and he doesn't want to shell out for this. I don't really care though, because this pedal probably kicks the RP-500's ass many times over. Maybe the replication isn't as great, but this thing has enough tones and effects where I am completely satisfied. I'm going to be learning things about this system for a good amount of time to come, and then the fun will really start. If you are thinking about getting a multi-effect pedal, and have the cash... get it. I believe you won't regret it. If you plan on recording via USB though, make sure you aren't running a 64-bit OS. Otherwise, go for it. If there is anything else you need, feel free to message me. Or better yet, check the Boss site and look at all the effects and stuff they have under the Knowledge Base. I give this a 9, only because of a few of the presets (which really shouldn't be taken into account, but for those that like all presets to be great, then the 9 is for them... otherwise, if you aren't too picky with presets, give it a 10) and the USB driver problem. I'm sure someone will have a fix sometime soon. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and get back to jamming out with it. // 9

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: Punkismygod, on may 07, 2008

Purchased from: Local music store

Ease of Use: GT-10 is really easy to use and get some amazing sound by it, it's library has so many different voices, for example you can choose a list of blues/metal/rock/clean sounds and there are more than 20 sounds you can still edit. Myself I found editing sounds pretty hard, but I haven't really got the whole idea of it. There comes a small manual with GT-10 and it tells really good how to start using the pedal. Boss GT-10 is basicly upgraded GT-8 but offers a lot more, and GT-10 has an USB, GT-8 doesn't. // 9

Sound: I use myself an Epiphone Les Paul Standart and Roland Cube 60 it gives some annoying background noises if I use a lot distortion, but I think the biggest fault on it are the mics of my Les Paul. Effects are marvellous, they almost always sound really great. But sometimes they make playing sound like straight from a toybox, but thanks to advanced editing options we don't have to stand it! It is really use to get sound of your favourite artist, if you know what are you looking for. There are few presets for songs like: Creep by Radio Head, Bulls On Parade by RATM, Down With The Sickness by Disturbed, Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana etc. Most of the pedals certain effects sound pretty neat, but some of them are made so efected that they sound pretty bad. // 9

Reliability & Durability: GT-10 is a pedal to trust. I used it in my first gig we played Ozzys Crazy Train and the sounds with it we're like straight from the album. It also works really nice with acoustic guitars. The best is that you can Switch effects on and off by your foot, that can come really handy during a gig. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock music and a lot of it's genders GT-10 is made to rock 'n roll, really worth buying if you need a pedal to rock with. But it also works great with clean songs and softer playing. I've been playing about 2 years and I got a Line6 Pocket POD pedal also and I can tell you it has no match on GT-10. If my GT-10 would get stolen, I'd probably get a new one if I had some extra money to get one. I love the good distortion and editing possibilities but I hate the annoying background noises that comes automaticly with a lot distortion. The favourite feature of this pedal that it has one of kind sound library. I'd compare this pedal to Line 6 POD X3 Live they both have really good preset libraries, are both just appeared and easy to use. GT-10 is a realy good pedal for guitarist Who looks a good easy-to-use pedal. // 10

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 18, 2008

Price paid: C$ 489

Purchased from: ItalMelodie Montreal

Ease of Use: This GT-10 is very easy to use. It has so many great presets already in there but you can get your own tone in about 5 mins. There's a little 4 pages manual that explains every preset patches and you can find any details on how to create your own patch in the other manual that comes with the pedal. If you're not really good in english, you can go to Boss's site and check out the french or other languages manuals. You can record yourself easely with a USB cable, I do it via my webcam, setting the mic to Line GT-10 and using my Sennheiser HD555 plugged in the pedal to hear myself, by the way the sound you get in the headphones doesn't compare to anything I've tried, this pedal freaking rocks! It's a pleasure to use this pedal, buy it you'll see! // 10

Sound: I'm using my new Ibanez Iceman ICT 700 and a Marshall AVT 150X wich from I unplugged the 6 Switch pedal that came with it (useless with that GT-10). The pedal isn't noisy at all and you ever get a setting that is noisy, you can go in the effects and just turn the treshold of the noise supressor. I didn't find any effect that was weak on this pedal, seriously you won't be able to stop playing once you get that pedal. I can get any sound I want from '80s trash metal Metallica sound to a perfect acoustic sound from Opeth. I like to play Quo Vadis songs too and I can really get that Death Metal tone. I recently changed my Joe Satriani for another ICT 700 so now I got two of those awesome guitars, the second one is in setup right now for B standard tuning, it's gonna be so powerful with that pedal. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I don't know if it's durable yet, I got it today so I'll post a comment later to tell that but it seems pretty solid. I would totally use this pedal on a gig without any backup. I don't have enough caracters in that section so I'm just gonna right that I don't have enough caracters. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal but with that pedal I think I'm gonna learn other styles it sounds so good. I've been playing for 6 years now, I had an Ibanez S470DXQM, a Joe Satriani, now I got two Iceman ICT 700, a Marshall AVT 150X and a Crate GT65. If the pedal was stolen I'd get another one or hang up myself. I love the ease of use, the tones you can get out of it and the USB interface. I own a DigiTech RP200 Artist pedal and it's a piece of garbage compared to the Boss GT-10, DigiTech sucks asses big time, I got a little Line 6 ber Metal too and the only thing that's great with this pedal is the noise gate, the distortion is so digital and crapy compared to the Boss GT-10! So if you got 500$ to spend on a pedal, get this one! // 10

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 23, 2008

Ease of Use: This is not your ordinary fx box. You can use preset patches or customize your own, but the killer feature is the "manual mode", in which you turn your GT-10 into up to 8 separate stomp boxes + a wah/pitch bend/volume pedal. If you have many separate stomps, you might find this a good way to enter the world of multieffect pedals. If that's not your thing, well, patch edition is easy: you toggle stages by a button, you may rearrange them and the 4-way nav + dial is not always the most intuitive but rotating the dial is way easier than clicking a push-button a thousand times. Then there's the EZ mode, in which you can pretty much get near the tone you hear in your head without much of a hassle. The manual is informative, but you have to really play with the unit in order to realise all the possibilities. // 9

Sound: I play mostly through a Marshall combo but also got an El-Cheapo rectifier combo. I also use it with headphones for nightly practice, simulating my amp -- it's not the real thing, but gets close enough. By itself it's not noisy, but all the buzz your guitar picks up gets amplified by overdriven settings. Unavoidable, but manageable. I'm very impressed by the quality of the wah. I like it better than my friend's actual wah pedal (can't remember which brand, not an unknown but not Dunlop). OD/DS pedals sound close to actual ones too. Loop recording/overdubbing is mono only, which is a shame, but it's good nevertheless. // 9

Reliability & Durability: If it needs a backup, you might as well gig with the backup. It's a brick, covered in sheet metal. It's heavy, and I'd only be afraid of kicking a knob and breaking it. The rocker pedal is nice and heavy, you have to really step on it to toggle it, and it definitely doesn't feel fragile at all. // 10

Overall Impression: I play anywhere from latin rock to Grunge, and from the Beatles to the Pixies, but I like to find my own tone, and I really like what the GT-10 does for me. I've been playing for 5 years now, with an Ibanez AXS32 (SG-like) and a stratoclone, and no matter what gear I play with, I always seem to get my personal tone out of it. It's been easier to get my tone out of the GT-10 than it was to get it from my Marshall MG250DFX alone. I don't use preset patches nor do I create my own ones because I love "manual mode". I feel as if I'd bought 40 stompboxes for the price of 10 or less. After using a DigiTech RP50 for a year... well, what can I say? It feels like you took your guitar and lowered its action by half an inch. To some people the POD X3 Live might sound better. However, the GT-10 matches my idea of multieffect pedals, and delivers the sound I want in the way I want. // 10

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: abhiwltya, on august 19, 2009

Ease of Use: I know there r a lot of reviews already present on GT-10 but am writing one because it might be useful for those people Who WANT A COMPARISON between GT-10 and other processors. I have a friend's shop where for 3 hrs I tested the GT-10, Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 POD XT Live, DigiTech RP-500 and Boss GT-8. The comparison is done one the 'overall impression'column. This unit is basically very eaqsy to usewhen it comes to a normal sound creator like me whose only experiences of creating the sound was from my last guitar pedal Zoom G2.1u and suprisingly it took me 3 days which is the same amount of time it took me to understand G2\.1U although GT-10 is a massive powerhouse and G2\.1U was an effects processor with 1/10 of total effects on the GT-10. Editing patches is the easiest of all.there are different switches namely compressor, preamp, overdrive/distortion etc available which when lighted shows that the particular effect is in use.so basically you want a delay free patch just double tap the delay Switch to unlight it and that's it. The manual is also very informative and its a promise if you go thru it jus once you ll b able to tame this beast to ur like. // 9

Sound: I am using this unit with a small Stranger practice amp and a high end pair of head phones. The effects are awesome.9 effects can be used simuntaneously with two c rows of effects for the preamp type.one thing I would like to mention here is when I tested this unit with POD X3 Live, XT Live and DigiTech RP 500, this unit had the most royal sound in any category whether it's distortion, clean channels, wah, flanger or delay. I usually play Thrash metal, classic rock and some new stuff. You can select from 39 preamp types and chose the speaker you are playing it in and the mic distance and mic type, which combined can give you any sound possible on earth. You select the Boss Metal amp on the pre amp list, get slight reverb on it, adjust the eq and you can get the Megadeth sound. Similarly the Marshall hi gain amps, the rectifier amps and the Mesa Boogie amps sound awesome. The unit is quite noiseless thanks to the nosie gate, the inital made patches can be a bit noisy depending upon what setup you use. I can easily get the Megadeth type of sound, Maiden, Metallica, Skid ROW, ACDC, GNR sound, are the sounds I tried yet and they are very convincingly perfect. This is where you begin to believe that it's worth d money. Talking about the overdrives and distortions, Boss GT-10 provides 25 great distortions and overdrives covering the wide range of sounds and they are awesome.some mind blowing od/ds types are Metal Zone, Boss ds-1 and natural od. Delays, 6 types of Wah and 34 types of awesome effects including auto riff(play one note n gt 10 will play the rest for u!) 2*2 chorus and harmonist cant be defined in words. One more thing worth mentioning and which I always missed in G2\.1U is the Acoustic guitar simulator. Boss has done an unbelievable bit of work in this respect and beliieve me the Acoustic sounds are great. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing,as other reviews have mentioned is bulid like a tank. Solid Metal body cool and birght LEDs and very nice LCD screen. Don't try throwing it from a 2 storey high building but you can throw it from a 1 storey high building and tek it to a gig... It will work... Atleats this much am sure. Using it in a gig without a back up is sumthing I can do without thinking twice. // 10

Overall Impression: Ok so here comes the Comparing part. See the most difficult comparison was between GT-10 and Line 6 POD X3 Live which took me around an hour playing both the units and comparing...which is very easy to decide if u concentrate on the wah, pre amp and distorion and overdirve sounds. GT-10 takes the lead with wah being way more better than POD X3 Live and pre amp n distortions being better in quality. Reverb and Chorus are sound same quality and depth wise in both the units. DigiTech RP 500 impressed me a lot for is price and the quality of effects.atleast 200 $ cheaper than GT-10 or x3 Live but had a really good sound and effect types. So if you r short on money RP 500 is the unit for u. And I rejected the Boss GT-8 because of the simple reason that I was getting an updated unit for just 70$ more. ALL in all whether you want to use it for the studio or for gigs or doesn't matter if you are a simple guitar player Who jus wants to play for fun n nothing else... This unit is a POWER HOUSE..n POWER HOUSE Provides power not only to itself but to everything that is within the range of it. HOPE U GOT WOT I MEAN. PEACE // 10

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: hitman_47, on august 06, 2010

Purchased from: Furtados, India

Ease of Use: It is NOT easy to figure out how to use this beast. I've had it for about 3 months now, and I've refrained from writing a review as I've been figuiring this thing out. The GT 10 is a beast. It has Killer effects and is the most customizable effects processor that I know of in terms of signal path, I/O config and individual effects. Because it is such a complex beast, it is insanely difficult to get a decent sound out of it from scratch. True, you can use the EZ tone feature and get a half decent tone, but if you spend a shit load of cash on and effects processor, shouldn't you know how to use it? I had to buy an instructional DVD in the end to decipher this thing. The manual is shit. It doesn't explain anything at all. I mean, even the effects/parameters are not well explained. It didn't even help as a starting point. Editing patches, once you have this thing figured out a bit, is easier. If you don't know your way around (even perfunctairly), you're f*cked. Upgrading the firmware, etc is not much of a hassle. It doesn't come with a USB cable though. // 1

Sound: I'm using an Aria Strat style guitar with HSH Pick up config. Through a Spider IV. It's a decent guitar acoustically and the Pick ups are average, primairly suited for the blues, blues rock, funk and maybe jazz. I'm a blues guy trying to get into jazz but I do play some metal (tool, soad) and hard rock. The pickups on my guitar are passives, and metal tones aren't normally great. With the GT 10, however, I can get good/great metal tones. Crisp distortion for rhythm and lead, with various amp models etc. can give you pretty much any sound you're looking for. As an effects processor, this thing is brilliant. Another thing, I was thinking of getting a guitar with EMG's cause I really like the 81/85 sound, but with the right amount of compression and eq, I can get the same sound out of my stock passives! I also experiment with psy rock/ stoner rock etc. and the quality of the choruses, flangers, phasers, delays, reverbs, wahs etc. is excellent. It is customizable as hell and if you've got a tone in mind, you can definately get it out of this unit. The effects really are top notch, comparable to analog pedals this unit claims to model. You do, however, need to know what you're doing to get something out of this unit. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This unit is dependable. Metal casing, solid foot switches, buttons etc. I would still be careful with it, as I'm sure if I dropped it accidentally, the repairs wouldn't be cheap, but I have used it on gigs without back up. Also, it would be pretty hard to replace/backup as you'd need an army of effects pedals, and no way in hell can you customize an analog effects chain with the push of switch. // 8

Overall Impression: I play blues/rock/funk, some metal and a lil bit of jazz. I used to gig regularly (once or twice a week) up until about 6 months ago, and I've been playing for about 3 years. I wish I knew how complicated it would be to figure this thing out before I'd bought it, and if it were stolen, I may buy something else. I would hunt the guy down though cause it cost me a load of cash, but other than that, maybe I'll start slowly building a full analog effects chain. The tones are great, but its not easy to figure out. Please don't buy it thinking that just by using the EZ Tone feature, you'll be able to get what ever tone by turning a few dials. It's not going to happen. It will take some time to get used to this thing. I haven't owned any Boss multi effects processos before, so perhaps for those already initiated into Boss products, the learning curve might be smoother, but it took me a lot of time. Its a very good unit, very versatile, extremely customizable but its not the easiest one to use. Cheers! // 6

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: Boy Wonder, on may 28, 2008

Purchased from: 8th Street Music

Ease of Use: I have to say that (although I generally never use them) the GT-10 has some of the best preset patches I've heard out of one of these units. The new EZ Tone feature allows you to dive right into creating your own sounds and tones by basing them off of certain generes of music (Blues, Soul/Funk, Jazz, 70's Rock 80's Metal, Modern Metal, Punk etc.) you can literally create a pretty decent tone in about 5 minutes. The general patch editing features are still there in case you wish to tweak your sound further. The Interface will take some getting used to because it's almost too easy and finding the functions for the Wah can be tough. // 9

Sound: My set up is a Gibson Les Paul Studio, and two modified Fender Stratocasters, I usually plug into a Fender Pro Reverb amp. They've really stepped up the sound of the effects here only a trained ear could tell the difference between the GT-10 and the stompboxes that they replicate. The Amp and Pickup simulator is even better than before I was able to use my Les Paul Studio in conjunction with it to get a nice Hollow Body guitar sound. A big fan of The Police I was able to get dangerously close to some of Andy Summers' sounds from the Zenyatta Era. They also have some really cool Presets for some of my other favorite bands/artists (SRV, Van Halen, Cream, ) and even bands I don't particularly care for (Green Day and Radiohead). The two control pedals (as opposed ot the 1 on the GT8) allow you to add other sounds (Distortion, Delay, Reverb, corus etc.) to your pre-existing sound. Not to mention the addition of the phrase looping function. My only complaints were the Wah Auto Wah (which tends to get noisy)and 60's Fuzz Sound (I used both quite often with my GT-8) but I was able to use (and adjust) the OCT Fuzz to get the sound I wanted. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Boss always makes reliable and durable stuff. Once I get the sounds I want I won't need a backup for it. The unit will get confused everyonce in a while (I had a patch with the phrase loop on I switched to another patch and the phrase loop function was still on). // 9

Overall Impression: I play original music that jumps from new wave, to funk, blues, and soul (I also play guitar for a choir in a black baptist church once or twice a month) so it benefits me to have something like this. I can create a different guitar sound depending on the song and get it just the way I want it without having to turn knobs on stage. The possibilities with this thing are almost endless. With the exception of the three things I mentioned I like this pedal a whole lot and I've only explored about 75% of it's features. I won't be switching to the POD anytime soon. If you're an effects guy or just a guy that likes to play with gear you'll probably like this too. // 10

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: adamc100, on july 16, 2008

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

Ease of Use: This is such an easy pedal to learn how to use. A retarded monkey would be able to fudge some killer sounds with this unit. I like to build my sounds from scratch having been used to the GT 3 and the GT 8. But I b-s'ed some ez-tone sounds to get a feel for it and they actually sound startlingly good for the little amount of tiempo I put into it. // 10

Sound: The sound is sick! I use a Fernandes Montery Elite w/ the sustainer, and a baritone home-made monster running through a Solid state Hughes And Kettner. Probably the best feature is the dynamics of the amp models. So the lower you turn the volume on your guitar, the more tame the gain gets and the louder you turn up your axe the nastier the gain gets. As opposed to earlier gt models that stayed at the exact same gain no matter where the volume on your guitar was making them sound dreadfully fake. My whole set up is solid state but it still sounds much warmer than previous Boss gt models. All the effects sound fantastic, as usual. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Built rock solid. This thing could hold its own with the equipment brutality of a tour. You could gig with this and take it into the studio the next day. You only need one unless you're Hulking out and decide to suplex this bad boy, and even then it would probably still be OK. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock, metal, hip-hop, electronic, and experimental music and this pedal can enhance my sound and meet my demands for all these genres. I've been playing for 13 years and use a Fernandes Montery Elite with the sustainer running into a Hughes And Kettner solid state amp. If this were stolen I would so have to get another. This thing is too awesome! I love how (once you know the pedal better) you can dedicate the tempo of any effect that has a pulse with tap tempo control feature, how you can have two totally different sounds coming from either side with different effects, how you can make interesting varying textures with the wave and internal pedals (the effects can have any part of them be it cutoff, resonance, feedback, gain level, anything automatically without you having to do anything), the looper pedal, The accuracy of the synth sounds with my sustainer system (it really does sound like I'm playing a synth), the new visual eq system that makes it wicked easy to get an awesome sound from old time radio, to balls to the wall rock'n roll, to subtle mood changing ambiance, how cool it looks, the usb feature, how well it's built, how easy it is to use and make rediculous new sounds, the slicer with a phaser and the wave changing the depth, I could go on... there's just too much great stuff you can do with this! The only thing that would make this pedal absolutely the shit would be if Boss added a 12ax7 tube to get an even better amp simulation, that would be awesome! This is till the best multi effects I have ever used though. // 10

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: LJHarris, on may 11, 2009

Price paid: A$ 900

Purchased from: RockShop

Ease of Use: I'm going to be concentrating primarily on the GT-10 in this review but I would like to occasionally touch on the line x3 Live there are a lot of people that can't decide which of the two would be better for themselves so I hope my I can clear a few things up, I have played both the GT-10 and Line 6 x3 Live but liked the GT-10 much more. All the rating are based on the GT-10 not the X3 Live! The GT-10 is very easy to get solid tones out of the ez tone it features for those Who do not feel like going through all the individual effects and EQ settings to create a tone they like is very cool, just follow its simple step by step procedure (I know another reviewer has mentioned this so I'm not going to go too deep there), If you have a patch that you very much like but want to tweak it a bit its dead simple, simply hit the buttons/LED'S corresponding with which effect you want to change and from there you can use the parameter knobs to play around with what settings to change, if an effect you have you want to turn off no need to go into the system to do so, simply hit the button/LED twice and this turns it off, the first time you hit the button it allows you to tweak it the second time switches it off. The manual has 50 pages to it and I seriously thought it would take months to figure it out but I have had my GT-10 for roughly a week now and finding patches and tweaking tones is very easy to do now, for the GT-10 it has a very shallow learning curve. What I like also with the GT-10 is its large screen, all the dials and buttons make it much easier to use and understand. // 10

Sound: I very much like both the tones in both, distortions in the GT-10 sounded very nice and the crunch also did the Line 6 X3 Live tone sounded as good if not better then GT-10, the GT-10's tone isn't as natural and authentic as the X3 but saying that it was not completely noticeable for my untrained musical ears but the major let down was the effects, the wahs sound a bit crappy in the X3 and if you push down a little too hard it switches to volume which sucks, besides I really liked the variation in the GT-10 wahs with cry baby, Vox seven stringer and a few others, the GT-10 in my mind offers more tweaking tonally (the EQ works like magic offers a view graphically what is happening with the tone) with the effects for example... Tweaking the wah in X3 Live you can't determine the level (volume) you want in the effect which the GT-10 can also the GT-10 allows you decide how deep you want the wah to "wah". // 9

Reliability & Durability: It's built rock solid, I could drop it of a two storied building and still feel comfortably that it's going to perform even if I had a gig that same day, but seriously it's built tough with a metal enclosure and yes I could definitely depend on it without a back-up! // 10

Overall Impression: I really did like the GT-10, the tones sound very hot! Offers more tweaking as I said previously over the Line 6 X3 Live. Both GT-10 and X3 Live will allow you to find the right kind of tone you want for your genres or the sounds like your favourite bands. I play blues, rock & progressive and it sounds very nice on all. I would get it back in a heartbeat if it were stolen, plug and play into your computer for home recording is a blast, using a usb chord certainly does the trick, the Line 6 X3 is from what I heard also very nice for recording, only problem with these two is there is no recording software that come with them so you will need to buy one online, the effects sound better on GT-10 but the preamps on the Line 6 X3 probably to me sound slightly better, when full blown at a gig the GT-10 really shines it's true colours. Overall the GT-10 comes out on top, everything in the GT-10 is more tweak able, love the wahs, hate the wahs in the X3. I would have to say tonally the X3 and GT-10 are very evenly neck and neck. // 10

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: ErosionAU, on may 17, 2010

Price paid: A$ 729

Ease of Use: I only purchased this unit 24 hours ago and already I'm in love. I am not a major whiz with music terminology so don't expect any high tech mumbo jumbo here but I am in a gigging Original band that plays to between 100-300 people regularly and I have an awesome ear for music. I have not quite worked the GT 10 completely but It is easy to use if you have a good ear. I have already managed to replicate the sounds of my single stomp boxes (Digitech DF7, DigiTech Chorous factory, Boss DD3 delay, Crybaby wah, DigiTech whammy) and I'm already being inspired to write new material by the endless amounts of effects I can play with... Most of the pre-sets in this pedal are crap but they are a good base to creating awesome sounds..I am taking 1 point off because it could be hard to use for someone who can't read or hear. // 9

Sound: I am using an ESP Horizon NT with a Randall 120W solid state head and a Peavey Valveking Cab (I don't like my Peavey Valveking 100 head and prefer the sound of my randall! ) I have made some cool distortion sounds already and don't have any noise problems... Like I said The Pre sets are crap and you need to create your own! All the effects I have added in so far seem great, tho I am yet to Jam with my band but it's quite obvious I might just need to tweak the eq a bit that is all... I have heard that through solid amps state you get a better sound with this pedal so maybe this is why I am so happy with the sound.But, once again you can edit the sounds so much that I'm sure it will suit any style of amp. I am taking 2 points off because the pre-sets are so crap but that doesn't bother me anyhow just think they could of added some better effects in the pre-sets. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This thing is a brick. I haven't had it long enough to quote on wear and tear issues but read the other reviews and this pedal is easily one of the strongest. I will still take my single stomp boxes to gigs as back up, but more importantly a spare power supply but that's just me. // 10

Overall Impression: I have read a few reviews saying the distortion is no good... Well, in my opinion the distortion is awesome if you have a good ear and can tweak the sounds. I have been playing guitar for YEARS... My band plays heavy Rock (www.myspace.com/erosionau) and this baby will definately have an impact on our future material in a very positive way. If it were lost I would definately cry and go replace it ASAP, I would even pay more for it... The only thing I wish it had was a better looper, so you could pre-record things etc... Maybe it does and I haven't worked it out but I doubt it... Maybe they are leaving some room to improve on the next model which makes sense because this pedal is awesome and will be hard to beat... BUY IT ALREADY. // 9

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: gibson<sg>, on july 15, 2010

Price paid: € 500

Purchased from: pro musica

Ease of Use: The Boss GT-10 is simple to use when you get and set it up and flick through the many many patches...but when you see all the diffrent things thing you can do(like assign effects to pedals)it getsvery complicated...if your someonewho doesnt mind sitting down and reading a manual for an hour ar two,go out and buy this prdal...if not just be a bit carefull to not get sucked in to the Boss website telling us how easy the GT-10 is to use...because saving up all your money and buyingsomething thats super complicated and hard (at times)to use..but if your happy just to play with what factory patches they give you its an ok pedal.. // 7

Sound: i am currently useing a Gibson sg with a Roland Cube 30X amp...with sevan different Wah pedals that all sound resnobaly good youl be spoiled for choice..the tone overall is great..and the thing is practically stuffed with effects..half of them are impossible to use in a songbut still fun to mess around with..you can easily get the sound of bands like slipknot to neil young and nirvana some patches even hint to bands(knotforget slipknot...etc)..the distortion can go to a light crunch to brain melting metal in the spaceof a few seconds..with a built in looper witch you can loop over previusly looped riffs. // 9

Reliability & Durability: You could throw this over a cliff and i say it would only have a scratch on it... Its like a block of steel.this is as sturdy as a land rover..I would deffintly gig this without a backup...the thing never wares or breakes down.. not a scrathe on it and iv hade it about a year..if you want a reliable pedal buy it...now. // 10

Overall Impression: I play very varied types of music rock or metal mostly but sometimes punk or even blues..and this thing covers them all brilliantly..iv been playing for 5 years and this this is one the most versitile pedals iv ever heard..before I got this pedal the shop let me borow a me-70(becaus of a mix up)and this isdeffintly the better oedal..iv never gotten bored with it..the best thing about it is the sound and theamount of effects..the WORST thing about it is how complicated it is :( // 8

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: Raystein, on july 23, 2010

Purchased from: Roland Store

Ease of Use: I live in Egypt, I got this for 3300 EGP from a Roland certified store here. I've had the pedal for almost 2 years I believe, and it just keeps amazing me! I'm the laziest person ever so I haven't actually tried to read the manual. Until recently I've been using the factory presets but because my guitar is so crappy (a Yamaha ERG121) I wasn't very pleased with the sound that came out. I recently put a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge position on that guitar, and I've successfully made my own "sound" based on the factory presets. What also helped is that I purchased a DVD (can't remember what it's called) it helps me get through the pedal without having to read the manual. For example, I took the Broken Dime patch, adjusted the distortion and compression. Anything I could think of concerning adding or removing to the sound I can easily accomplish because the interface is very easy and it's all displayed by graphs and stuff! and there are numerous display modes so it should please everybody. the EZ tone feature is also great! you can make your sound from literally nothing! it's basically a process of narrowing down until you reach exactly what you want, and afterwards you can save your sound to use it. // 10

Sound: I use a Yamaha ERG121, with a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge position and a Yamaha 15 Watt amp that came along with the guitar. I've always had noise problems, I've tried using the noisegate in the GT-10 but as always, too much gate kills your sound; The sustain dies, pinch harmonics are far from reach and the sound is just terrible. But after using other guitars with the GT-10 I've noticed that the problem is from my cheap guitar, even after installing the X2N I still have some noise issues but they're surmountable. The effects on this thing look like they're never gonna end! It has everything from just plain overdrive, to basically a techno song disguised as a guitar patch! All the effects sound nice, but there are a few which I think are there just for fun, I think they shouldn't be on the software to begin with. But then again, you can just delete them if you want to. As for people who wants sounds based on their favorite artists, they'll be impressed with the sounds on the GT-10. The down side is that the sounds are not 100% identical to those of the artists, but you can easily change that by tweaking the parameters a bit and you'll sure get it spot on! Some of the effects I've used that are based on actual bands included stuff for Slayer, Pantera, Nirvana, Slipknot, Korn, Rage Against The Machine, Van Halen and Disturbed. Other effects like delay, chorus and stuff like that are really nice. There's all kinds of delay, and you can tap the delay according to the tempo of the song. The expression pedal serves as Wah, Volume and Whammy pedal, but you can also assign it to control how much gain you want, or the duration of a delay and anything of that sort. It also includes a 40 second phrase looper with overdub, you can play a riff and add on top of it some more riffs! A cool thing that comes with the GT-10 is a 4 page reference to all the patches on board; The name, a detail of the sound and even a suggestion on whether to use this patch on a single pickup or a humbucker! // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built like a tank, and definitely could be used on a gig without backup. I had a semi-hard gig bag custom made for it so it keeps it protected against any bumps on the road. On stage or in a place with crappy lights, the LED screen is really helpful with its blue light, and its intensity can be controlled to your liking. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Metal mostly and it hasn't let me down and I don't think it will, other than Metal is has literally any other genre of music you can think of! I've been playing for almost 5 years and I don't own any previous stomp boxes or effect pedals, the GT-10 is my first and my only pedal and I'm not planning on changing that any time soon. The thing I regret the most is not having enough money to buy a new guitar that would bring out everything in this unit, because my guitar isn't fulfilling all of my musical needs. So if you have a crappy guitar and wanted to buy this unit, make sure you'll have enough money in the future to buy a new guitar. I'd definitely buy this unit again if anything happened to it or got stolen. What I love about it is it's ease of use, it's almost dumbass proof. The thing I hate about it is that the phrase looper could've had a longer duration than 40 seconds, you can't change banks while the looper is on. I wish there was an option where the looper would count you in the riff with a metronome of some sort because I have some trouble with timing my foot with my guitar and syncing all of that with the drums because once you tap on it, it starts recording, which is not always good. I also wish it had a drum Machine because it would've definitely improved and made writing music a 100 times more fun. Sure the looper helps, but a drum Machine would've been nice. I chose this pedal because I think it supplies anything a musician can ask for with almost no drawbacks, and I'm definitely eager to see what Boss is gonna do to top this one! // 9

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: guitarwarrior96, on june 01, 2011

Purchased from: Music club

Ease of Use: Well I am going to start to say this thing its pretty hard to use at first. I am going to tell you the reader a little history about never never trust a seller no matter how friends you are because this happened to me. I went to my favorite music store here in Mexico decide to buy the gt 10 so I ask to a guy that I know for about 5 years to show me the gt 10 so he go for the biggest box I have seen for a pedalboard he take the gt 10 from the box and connected and I was like omfg so I play a little bit with it in the store I seemed pretty cool a bunch of cool features and at the moment it looks easy to use because it was use it trough the factory presets and the guy said "this is one of the easiest pedalboard to use" so I bought it but when I come to my home happened this. All was cool I even read the owners manual well just the basic so I plugged in and everything was alright but when I try to make my own patch I screwup many factory patches I had own this pedalboard for about a month and still a little hard to use I had read the manual like 5 times but to make your own patch it just too complete but also too complicated well that was the history about never trust a seller but here comes the real review. Well being serious this thing going to be f--king hard to use at the begin but to be honest guy this happen in every top notch pedalboard so its just question of time to use to the pedalboard it just take about a week (if you read the manual) otherwise I would take you like a month but if are like me and you like to make a patch for every part from a song as example: "Fade To Black" (1st solo), "Fade To Black" (clean guitar), "Fade To Black" (ending solo) etc. It would be annoying sometimes but you can deal with it. But the reason that it deserves a solid 7 its because this pedalboard game some great features about the patch I mean you can't past the 200 patch in just a few seconds with the pad.and also you can get your very very own sound in just a few minutes (if you have the manual right next to you). // 7

Sound: Well its a f--king pedalboard what did you expect in the stage the only 2 things that matters are distortion and clean and most of the pedalboards just fail in the distortion and the GT 10 is not the exception the distortion is just too digital it has not life but that just my taste but there are many guy like that just that way but I dont but the clean is decent to say at last and the others effects does not really matter in the real life but most of they are ok I am not a big fan from the digital sound effects but there are a couple of patch pretty insane and cool that I made so its just ok the sound. You got to thing in this if you are going to buy any pedalboard NEVER NEVER use it in a tube amp it just kill the sound the biggest mistake in my entire life was to put the GT 10 trough and Peavey Valveking head it sounded horrible I was performance in a local bar and then put the GT 10 trough the Peavey and instant dead to the distortion sounded horrible in general at last to my taste a pedalboard sound a lot a lot better though a solid state amp that is why I have both I have a Peavy Valveking head and a Marshall JVM 210H that its just like a dream come true but I also have a Randall RX120H it was my first stack amp so it have a special place in my heart and it pretty good but the equipment that I use with the GT 10 its the Randall and a Ibanez RG320FM with a DiMarzio Super 2 in the neck and a X2N in the bridge and I just love the sound from that combo. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Well it pretty solid but I would not use it on live because this things are not build to uses in a stage many thing can go wrong with a pedalboard in the stage from a little mistake in push the wrong footswitch to have chose the wrong patch so I don't use it much in the stage but in home or in the studio well that's complete history but yeah overall I think this tank can take some abuse and some falls but I can't depend on it. // 5

Overall Impression: Well it pretty solid but I would not use it on live because this things are not build to uses in a stage many thing can go wrong with a pedalboard in the stage from a little mistake in push the wrong footswitch to have chose the wrong patch so I don't use it much in the stage but in home or in the studio well that's complete history. If you are like my you wont regret from your buy however you wont use it too much in the stage I use the GT 10 for fun in home or some crazy effects in the studio with the 8 years that I have being playing I know what is the point of most of the stuff but sometimes the companies sell you some things that does not work for what they tell you as example the pedalboards they are great for have fun and good for the studio but when it come to the stage they just don't work overall a good product to have too many hours of fun and many more for covers I expect this review can help you to some thing reader. // 6

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: alandrad, on january 12, 2015

Purchased from: Allegro (Venezuela)

Ease of Use: This pedalboard is very easy to use, it takes less than a week to get used to it and get the most out of it. It has two screens, knobs, buttons and pedals that will allow you to control everything thats going on while you play in a very simple, friendly way. When creating a patch or a sound, the pedalboard has a function called the "EZ tone," where you put the music style (metal, '60s brit rock, blues, etc), if you are playing rhythm or lead, and you can instantly get in less than a minute a sound very similar to what you are looking for, and you can later configurate it to make it sound exactly as you want it to. The instructions manual is very helpful. Using it and practicing constantly will let you have total control of your pedalboard very quickly, since it shows you everything thats going on with the screens and the led lights, in a very simple way. // 10

Sound: The sound on the GT-10 is very good both using an amplifier or through a PC, having used another multieffects pedalboards like the DigiTech RP1000 I can tell it sounds very real despite being a digital effect.

This pedalboard has a lot of different effects, distortions and amp models, going from the classics such as delay, chorus, reverb and flanger, to another effects that aren't that common like the humanizer, slicer or ring mode, passing through another really cool effects like the harmonizer, the pitch shifter, and the expression pedal effects like pedal bend (whammy) and wah wah. They are not as good as the original analog effects, but if you learn to set them right you can get a really good sound.

The distortions vary from warm, soft distortions like the blues driver or the OD-1, to pretty heavy, high gain distortions like the Metal Zone or the Tube Screamer. There are distortions that fit really well for rhythm and riff playing, as there are some that sound very smooth for playing solos.

The amp models go from classic Marshall clean and distorted amps and Fender Tweed, to modern models like the Mesa Boogie or the "Boss" amps. It allows you to control the same settings that every amp would let you adjust such as Bass, Treble, Presence, etc, as a very cool "solo boost" that will add a little more of punch to the sound while playing solos. The Phrase Loop is one of my favourite functions, since it lets you create a 38 second loop with all the layers you want to add, allowing you to develop some very cool riffs, or create a backing for solo playing and improvising. // 9

Reliability & Durability: As every other Boss pedal I've got the chance to use, the GT-10 is build to last; by using it you can tell it won´t break easily no matter what you do with it. I've been using mine for more than 3 years, I've standed on it, dropped it, disconnected it while in use, and it is as good as the day I bought it. Every single pedal, knob, screen and led light work perfectly, so I can say you can depend on it for both live playing and studio recording without fear of breaking it. Compared to the other multieffects that I've used like the DigiTech RP1000, the GT-10 looks way more resistant, since it has a very metallic look, unlike the DigiTech that seems to be plastic and fragile. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm into hard rock/metal, but I also like to play clean, kind of acoustic stuff, and the Boss GT-10 fits perfectly to both styles, sounding very impressive when recorded through a PC. My gear is a Marshall MG30FX and a Gibson Les Paul Studio, and I've used it with another like the Roland Cube and a Fender Stratocaster, and I can tell it sounds same as good on both.

In general terms the effects sound very similar to the stompboxes, and you can create a really complex sound, since you can put in the same patch reverb, chorus, delay, distortion, compression, wah or whammy, and two more effects that you choose, such as harmonist, pitch shifter, flanger, phaser, vibrato, humanizer, acoustic simulator, etc, etc. I really love the Phrase Loop, it works excellent if you want to create a riff or a backing track, and I've jammed with it for hours, even days, and I never get tired of it.

I would definitely buy another if it got stolen or lost (cause I know it wont get broken), because it has changed totally the sound I can get with my guitar trough my amp, and now I depend on it for every single time I play, since it gives me so many different varieties of sounds and effects that sound so good despite being a digital multieffects. // 9

GT-10 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: PedalFreak94, on january 21, 2015

Purchased from: Second Hand.

Ease of Use: The ease of use of the GT-10 can and will be very complicated in the beginning. At that point it's a good idea to find and read the manual; it will provide a lot of tips and useful knowledge. When you get the hang of the GT-10 it will provide you with a lot of sounds, effects and possibilities, that's for sure. When talking about the manual, it can be a little hard to understand everything, but then there's the opportunity to contact your local Boss/Roland service center/support center. When it comes to editing patches, effects and parameters it important to understand what every parametre and effect does. The manual will give a detailed explanation. I really like that you can connect an external footswitch, Boss FS-6 Dual footswitch, so that you can control more effects by pressing the footswitch. The GT-10 has 2 CTL pedals on the board, but you have a lot more freedom with 2 more! I'm gonna give the GT-10 a good review, but an 8 in Ease of use, because of the complicated operation in the beginning. // 8

Sound: The sound of the GT-10 really knocked me down; I couldn't believe that for the price I paid, that I would get so much tone and so much sound quality! The GT-10 suits my music style and also improve my overall sound and tone, compared to before. This multi FX will take you through every possible genre of music there's to be found out there - no doubt! I use the GT-10 with my Hiwatt Maxwatt G200R HD top and matching cabinet, plus my OLP MM1 electric guitar. With this setup I can achieve anything I can every dream of! With the possibility to use two Noise Gates, built in the GT-10, you can easily get rid of whatever noise you may experience. The GT-10 will give you everything from rock, pop, jazz, blus, country, metal, etc. The sky's the limit! // 10

Reliability & Durability: As for every Boss made pedal the GT-10 is built like a tank and can take some seriously beating. I'm gonna use it for live gigging, practicing and recording and I doubt that the GT-10 will fail me! Footswitches, knobs and the expression pedal is built to last and will be able to handle a lot of tap-dancing. I got a gigbag too, when I bought the GT-10, so that will protect it too. You can certainly depend on the Boss GT-100 Multi FX. It will give you everything you'll need at your feet. Finish and overall look is beautiful; I love it! // 10

Overall Impression: Actually I was looking for the upgrade from this multi FX, the Boss GT-100, but I didn't have the money to spend on a new one, so I bought the GT-10 second hand and I really like it! I like to have everything I need in a small size, and the GT-10 provides that! It suits every musical style I play; country, rock, pop, blues and hard rock. This has certainly been a good match for me! I can highly recommend this unit! I can't quite say when or where it compares or not compares to the GT-100, but I assume that on the GT-100 there has been a couple of major upgrades. I'm gonna buy the GT-100 when I have the money. // 8

Comments