GT-3 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-3 Guitar Effects Processor

I currently using a Ibanez Gio, and a Laney LV300 amp. (I origanaly used the GT3 in the effects loop but afer purchasing a dunnolop wah pedal I put it before the amp.) I found that the GT3 sounds really good and allows you to create a variety of sounds. I was really impressed with the accousitic simulator, noise gate, and distortions in the GT3. The only thing I would say is that the sweep on the wah isnt that great but I don't know whether that is me or the GT3.

I play a lot of Metal and classic rock, and have been playing for 5 years. Before buying it I really didn't know much about guitar effects but now after talking with some of my friends Who play guitar the GT3 seems like a great purchase, and I haven't looked back after buying it.

I find the GT3 really reliable and I haven't had any faults with it, and neither did the previous own of it. I haven't played any gigs using the GT3 but I practise in a band all the time and I can rely on it to keep working throughout the practise. And even during practise the durability of the GT3 is shown when I need to quickly put in a new patch and edit current ones.

Before getting the GT3 I had no previous experiance of guitar effects. After purchasing it I was really impressed with the GT3's ease of use, and within minutes I had the sound I wanted from it. I found editing the patches very easy and anything I needed to know was in the instruction maunal.

ozi76
    Don't really like the distortions on this but i didn't get it for that. All the other effects and the ways to configure them are great. Plus i can get the Digitech Whammy octave effect on it which is a bonus.
    7guitarist7
    i might be getting one of these. i think they sound good enough for what i need, even though some people dont like the distortions. and how do u make custom distortions like cybermichaelusa said?
    RICKY BLACK
    I bought my GT3 new many years ago. I have it fixed in a case via velcro. I love the sounds..inc distortion, and it is very easy to set up patches. I have it set to LINE out, and i run the unit direct into a 1U rack EQ unit, and then into a stereo power amp plugged into 2 single 12 cabs. I find this setup the best way to hear your sounds. Forgot to mention..I plug into my wah-wah pedal first then into the GT3.