GT-5 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-5 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: Fleabay

This is tricky, it was not hard for me but I have heavy experience with mfx and single pedals, although I did read the manual a couple times to get the hang of the little things it does diff from others units... No clue on the firmware or programs floating around, really, if you know how to set up the tone in your mind and what each parameter does, then its easy as pie! Really! I know my stuff! If you can get it for cheap, GET IT! It really has no comparison, although its quite old, the way the did it, just makes it so alive!

Ok, I decided to write this review for the lack of info on this pedal online. I am using this with a couple Fender Blackface tube amps, a Marsall JCM 800, a Super Lead and a Vibrochamp Blackface. The sound is AMAZING its really really good, I own a pedalboard full of vintage and boutique effects and I haven't touched it since I got the GT5! It's really an 8 because compared to today emulation of effects, this is king, and those are really boring and flat. I think like always, Boss got it right the first time and then went ahead and messed it up! (6-8-10 all sound dull to me). I am in no way a pro but I do take pride in knowing that tone comes from fingers, but with a little imagination this box can offer anything you ask of it...! It does need specific twiks from amp to amp, but overall if you have the sound in your mind, this can get it.

It's great, made in 1995 and still good as new, not even scratched! The dial is a bit jumpy but its really no hassle. Made like a tank and I'm sure it will outlive me, I only hope the dial will come around with a little cleaning! The switches work flawlessly and the wah needed adjustment but it was all, easily done! I really don't think I would ever need a backup for this one, maybe an od and a delay on the gigbag just in case worst come to worst. Love this old blue box! Johnny Marr tone all day long!

I play everything, from the smiths with sig Johnny Marr Jaguar to Slash with a Gibson Les Paul and this bad boy can get you all e little quirks needed toget those tones! From chorus to compression to overdrive to rock n roll. It shines! Its really amazing the tones you can cope with this pedalboard! Johnny Marr was a fan of it in its time! And used it heavily on tour! Good enough for him, good enough for me, beck recorded a full album with it and to get the exact same tones live, he used the exact same set up! Sweet!