GT-6 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-6 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

My Les Paul runs into my gt6 then into either of my amps. Usualy just use my Kustom 30R with itm but I have used it on my 5150 as well sounds asume on both. It does have some feeback, but only with extremly high gain/distortion, e.g. 100% gain on Red Reactifed setting with 100% preamp gain and 100% OD/distortion boost. Though that is an insaine amout of distorion it is kinda noisy at that setting however setting the Anti-Feedbacker in FX-1 will get rid of most of the noise. All the effects sound awsome, I have never like digital FX before but this changed my mind. One song I got it for was Dream Theater's Glass Prison. Though I had to make a custom Wah setting I did (after about 40 minutes) get it bassicly perfect. An amazing list of effect, too many for me to remeber.

I play metal, jazz, blues and prog rock, no complaints. Been playing 2-3 years. I have my Les Paul Studio, LTD Exand AX-400's, Deluexe Players Strat. I have my Peavy 5150 Full Stack and Kustom 30R. I only iwhc I had bought this thing before. I would replace it but probly get the GT-8 not the GT-6 just has even more stuff. I love it sound and hate that it killed my little toe. As I have said I love the wah the most. I have used soem didgitec pedals but this thing owns them all. I wish I had a Jackson RRV but that's about all.

I have had no problem with it, it has a Solid Steel case probly weighs like 25 pounds. I'll give you this example, I kicked it, hitting my little toe on the corner of the pedal, broke my toe and cut the end of it off pedal didn't even move. Hvae used at gigs ever since I figured out how to same patches never failed me.

Well when I first got my GT-6 I was kinda confused. eg it came with no manual, but I was still able to get all the sounds out of it, was really easy just I couldn't figure out how to save my patches. After about 2 hours I figured out how to save my presets, then I went more in depth. You can queek every part of the sound, my fave so far is the custom wah, however; it comes with 5 wah setting already. I haven't upgraded yet, overall easy to use and good sounding.

Nocomment
    The main difference in the gt-8 and gt-6 is that gt-8 has dual cosm amp modeling. In other words, you can run to two amp models at once, fade into each other, one on the right one on the left, the list goes on. If you really care to see go to bossus.com and take the interactive tab to gt-8, then pick the video with johnny demarco in it.
    higglor
    Composite Object Sound Modeling it analyzes the many factors that make up the original sound such as the electrical and physical characteristics of the original and then produces a digital model that can produce the same sound. Answer from boss GT-6 manual.
    Mrasi
    I'm more or less a n00b when it comes to the effects pedal thing so I was wondering if you guys know of any helpful sites? BTW my bud has one (GT-6) and he's been playing guitar since he was like 6 and is awesome and says that it is AWESOME!!!
    tfk011
    Lets just say this thing can make a newb sound amazing! And dont waste the extra money on a Gt-8 because its almost the exact same thing but with a computer program that makes selecting patches easier and has a bit more effects but it pwns all digitechs and the Gt-6 is one of the most rare multi-effects to find in Canada but USA i dunno.
    teo_huat
    when is this model release?? newer model is gt-8.. but its much the same??