GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: Music Retailer Outside The US

With the Cosm amp modellings in this pedal, getting a very versatile range of tones is very easy. Given all the different types of distortion as well and other multi effects there is a broad spectrum of music styles I can play with. Anything from Paul Gilbert to Good Charlotte to Slipknot, this pedal can give you the desired sound and tone. One thing I'm very impressed is I can get the unique fuzzy tone by Tom DeLonge of Blink in their new album. This pedal does not compromise in the quality of sound. After all, it's a Boss.

Playing all sorts of styles (blues, country, rock, jazz, classical, neo classical, metal, thrash) this pedal really helps my playing a lot. I can easily switch from playing something like 'GIrl From Panama' and move on straight to Cradle Of Filth. The transition is really smooth. Although I've started guitar only about 6 months, I've tried a lot of single unit pedals which maybe too bulky to gig with and thats why I've decided to get the GT-8. I love this pedal a lot. If it was lost I would kill the guy who stole it or at least buy anotehr one. For those who decide to convert from single unit pedals to compact ones, this is worth trying out.

The GT-8 is built solid like a rock. It's an excellent gigging tool and hasn't failed me once.

Being a first time user of a multi effects proccessor wif amp modelling capbalities, I feel the Boss GT-8 is very easy to use. Unpacking for the first time, immediately I can get the feel of the pedal and start making some preferred tones on it straight away. This ease of adjusting makes this a very user friendly pedal. Although making presets is easy naming then can be a drag since you have to use a dial to look for each letters and spaces. That's probably the only downside to it.