GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

I'm using a Hotrailed Fender Telecaster through the pedal into a Marshall MG250. I'm not using the effects loop which because I'm a student and therefore poor. Unlike the ME50, when you hear the effects, they dont sound manufactured if you understand. They sound real! which is awesome. There is a slight hum if you use single coils with the compressor but it's easy turned off. The effects can be controlled using the volume on the guitar which takes some getting used to. Theres some effects which will make you wonder why and some that'll blow you away. It's all about experimenting.

I'm into old rock and generally anything goes except ska and that crap jazz. And it'll suit whatever you want, from deep clean picking to extreme metal, it has a turbo setting if you wanna go crazy. I've been playing for over three years and at grade 4 so I'm not shabby. Before buying this product I woulda asked for its size and if theirs a bag avilible, its huge and I'm carrying it in a suitcase. It's near a foot and a half long. If it were stolen I hear you ask? I'd hire the finest bounty hunters around and id bring serious harm to the sucker who nicked it. It's priceless. I love its ability to do anything, it can do MIDI to which is great, I dislike its overall size and the instruction manual. It really is terrible. I love the funk sounds and every patch between 83-79. I wish it had a talkbox feature, it would complete it and a guy there to explain how it worked. I highly recommend this pedal.

Well I hear good things but I've only had it a few days so can't really comment. 5 'cause it looks like a tank.

This is my first really complexe pedal, the next best thing is my Marshall's foot switch. At first I had a browse through the book, which is really crap. It dosen't show half the information a newbie needs. Then went ahead with turning it on. At first it seems like a Rubix Cube, so much is possible and it takes a good hour reading the book sitting next to the pedal to get used to some of its fantastic effects. I spent a good 3 hours getting used to the general use of it. You have to move the patches to where you want them, don't worry though theres a reset if you want it back to its default configeration. Its a 4 when you get going with it.