GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: Will West Music

Here is my setup. Guitars: Ibanez RG270DX, Ibanez RGT42DXFM, Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Amp: Randall RG200G3. Effects: Boss GT-8, Dunlop MXR Dime Distortion, Boss Metal Zone, Dunlop Crybaby Wah. From my guitar I plug into the Crybaby and then into the input of the GT-8. The Metal Zone and Dime Distortion plug into the effects loop of the GT-8. The GT-8 is pluged into the return of the Randall amp's effects loop. The only effects that sound weak to me are the metal zone distortion, sitar sim, and the acoustic sim. The noise gait is also kinda poor but does it's job. The amp sims don't sound exactly the same when played next to the real thing, but they still sound great. This may bother some people but for me it just means creating an even more unique sound. All in all the sound of this unit is great, it's not as good as the rack gear that the "pros" use but for it's price it's unbeatable.

For the music I play (metal, hard rock, classic rock, and blues) this unit works great. I have to use a few extra stompboxes in the FX loop for the distortion that I'm looking for but I would never get rid of this unit.

This unit could withstand an atomic blast and rock the crowd the same night. It's almost indestructable. It's build solid with a metal casing. The expresion pedal can take a pounding forever and the 5 floor pedals look like they would withstand some heavy punishment.

Getting a good sound out of the GT-8 can take some time. The unit has several different settings that can be changed for each effect and amp sim that it could make your head spin. If you have the time to sit down and tweak the settings you can get great sounds pumping from your amp. The manual is a great help in changing settings and is very detailed. Skim through a few pages and you'll be jaming in no time.

Danis1
    haha, the first review took a whole section (the sound section) off the BOSS site.
    Sabbz
    This pedal blew me away. Much better than digitech gnx series, which i was originally looking at.