GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: Feedback

I'm using it with my Epiphone Les Paul and a Marshall MG30. It sounds great! The effects are real great, but some of the Overdrive sounds aren't superb, but most of them are. I play all different kinds of music: Metallica, Muse, Jimi Hendrix, The Vines, etc. I can get all of them out of this Machine. In fact there's even a preset for my favourite song, Foxy Lady. When creating new patches I usually start from scratch and I've created some real good sounds. Recently I've created the most beautiful clean sound I've ever heard, but when pushing the ctl-switch it changes to one of the darkest metal sounds.

As I wrote before, the Boss GT-8 matches almost all styles of music. From the darkest Doom Metal to real funky tunes. I've been playing for over a year, and I think this was a good purchase 'cause I will still be using this in 20 years. I love almost all effects, especially the reverb and delay. These are awesome! The GT-8 is loaded with features, some of them I'll never use but it's great that they're in there. Some of the overdrive/distortion sound a bit 'plastic', but most of them are just fine. It also has a guitar synth in it, but I think this is some 'toy' to make it sell more, because it might have been a bit more comprehensive. The harmonizer, octaver and pitch shifter are some of my favourite features, just as the pedal bend, which gives an 'outer space'-sound. If it were stolen, I would be very angry and contact Boss Corp to complain about the fatc there is no GPS-tracking device in it! I compared it to several other multieffects but I found this one to be the best.

I haven't tortured my Boss GT-8 much, but it looks like an elephant could sit on it without breaking it. I use it on a gig without a backup because I trust on it completely. It is made of steel, and the pedals are made of plastic. It has a very 'robust' feeling.

The Boss GT8 has a great ease of use. The manual is really good and it makes clear what every knob or button does. Sometimes it gets a bit confusing because there is so much you can edit, but overall the ease of use is fine. Getting a good sound out of it is real easy. The preset patches themselves are fine, and tweaking them gets an even better sound.

knot666
    theres a million reviews, all saying, it takes ages...doesnt sound gd ect ect, if u cant get an amazing sound out of the gt-8 u arent qualifyed to be making reviews, the gt-8 is amazingly powerfull and can sound as gd or as bad as u so wish, if u get the chance, get this machine!a