GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

My set up is a Peavey Bandit 112, a Gibson Les Paul, or the Les Paul played through headphones. This thing isn't too noisy and it sounds great. I think that the distortion could be a little clearer, but maybe I just haven't found it yet. This unit is a litle bassy too, but it isn't a big problem, and I believe I will be able to fix that too with some more tweaking. I can get just about any sound I want out of this thing from Metallica to Lynyrd Skynyrd, it sounds great clean. I really like the reverb and teh chorus suonds too. The accoustic sound isn't bad either, but it isn't perfect. The amp models on this thing aren't spot on, bt they are close.

I like to play metal, rock, and contemporay accoustic. I use this thing at school with headphones with my lespaul and I think it works great. I have used digiteck pedals like this, but this thing is very rugged. I would want another one if this one was lost, or taken. I highly reccomend this, I've been playing for 3 1/2 years and I am a good intermediate player. It works great, you just got to play with it and get it to do what you want.

This thing is built like a tank. It weights like 15 pounds and feels very rugged. I wouldn't worry about this thing breaking if you take care of it. It costs way to much to throw around so just take care of your equipment and I believe it is gigable without a backup.

It's very easy to change the different sounds. The unit has a number of knobs and switches that are easily adjusted. You can change the different parameters of each effect by touching a button and rotating the jog wheel. Granted, you may need to read the book and play with it for a few hours before you "get it." The manual is very comprehensive and tells you what everything does, but you still have to explore the unit.

Bossman123
    I tested this a few days ago with a vox AC-30CC,i loved the tone but fund it very difficult to use!
    seek_&_destroy
    does this have a digital tuner that can do alternate tunings, like drop c, half step, or dropped d?