GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: Local Japanese Shop

Usually, the sound of an effects unit like this is not the best. However, the GT-8 rocks out more than its predecessors. The average effects, like chorus, delay, flanger, phaser, etc., are still top notch. Don't expect too much of the noise supressor unless you turn down your gain on the pre-amp, or you will still get noticable hiss and slight hum. Overall sound tho, I give a 9 because when I pump the distortion from my Crate GTX65 a la the four cable method, it still sounds incredible, even after adding a million effects into it.

Overall of the Boss GT-8 effects unit, it was well worth the money. I take this bad boy everywhere I go, even to my gigs and practices. If you are looking for a good effects unit that basically does it all, and a rugged one at most, this beast is the best way to go.

It is made of pure metal. I have stepped on it and tripped over it already, spilled a few beers on it, and it still works in top notch condition. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I have dropped it once from a 8 foot drop, and not a single dent.

Not for your typical beginner with effects units, the Boss GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor is one mean Machine. To me, the ease of use is very simple, yet I have a lot of experience with the previous editions as the GT-6 and the GT-4. It is pretty much the same effects and distortions of the other models, except more has been added to it, such as the Solo channel, and the best feauture added, the ability to have more effects engaged at the same time. Overall, the ease of use is the same as the other models except with more to work with.

fuzzybird5
    Hey guys, i'm in abit of a dilema between the Boss GT-8) and the Line 6 PODXT Live. I tried both, and love them but I feel the PODXT live could be better for adapting with live playing (more of what I do -like gigs and such). This is my first pedal and I would like to get some feed back =) It would be best if it wasn't biased for either pedal in particular. Thanks!