GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor

I can get close to latest sound of any Artist out there. I've heard some complaints about the distortion on the GT-8 what? I thought they are superb, you can do Death Metal to rock and the GT-8 has a distortion effect called Drop D very evil sounding. My setup is Fender Hotrod deluxe 12" speaker I mike it up and run the GT-8 though the amp. The key fro great sound as a guitarist is always a great amp. The warm tubes with the GT-8 just blow me and those Who hear it away.

Contemporary worship and praise, rock. Perfect match there are a lot of effects I use from Chorus, delays, echo's, distortions roto's vibes etc. If stolen I could never lose it I'd replace it in a heart beat. I love the flexibility the most. I think Boss needs to provide the editing software that they provide with the GT-8 pro edition. Currently you have to find freeware to download others guitarist patches/effects. That's just dumb on the manufactures part they already developed the software for the Pro why not bundle it with the GT-8 and but a dent in the Line 6 POD XT.

So far so good, yes no backup necesaary. think Boss needs to provide the editing software that they provide with the GT-8 pro edition. Currently you have to find freeware to download others guitarist patches/effects. That's just dumb on the manufactures part they already developed the software for the Pro why not bundle it with the GT-8 and but a dent in the Line 6 POD XT.

Alright my first review but that's how good the Boss GT-8 is to use. I am blown away by it's capabilities and sound. I just have to tell you about it. As a Live performing artist I have waffled between pedals and other guitar effects processors in the past. Like a lot of Guitarist I followed the path of Pedals and Tube amps. There are 2 camps out there Tone Analog guys and Digital Guys, well I've been to both camps and nothing compares to the Boss GT-8! I hate tweaking pedal knobs for hours to get the right tone. The GT-8 has amazing presets, I bought the GT-8 and used it Live the first 2 hours I had it! Editing is so simple the manual is straight forward. I love tone and flexibility it's like having 20 pedals set up. You can use a midi cable to a midi PC sound card and even down load patches. It is professional grade equipment. I've had the Line 6 POD XT and used it Live I always felt that other pro guitarist didn't really respect it. Not true with the GT-8 it is a pro Tool. Rugged but don't throw it around like a pedal it has processor, memory and integrated circuits. It is has hundreds of options with the latest pedals.

bro_92
    This beast is certainly worthwhile....the sounds this can achieve is just awesome. when i use mine i mainly just clear patches so the pre-amp is set on a default level and get all my tone from my marshall....then using my amps tone i can choose different effects... thats just wat i personally do...i think i get a better tone from my amp and just add a hole barage of effects to my patches...this machine is definately worth it
    sakos
    It's amazing! I'm just figuring a pretty sound but I can't guess it. Can somebody help me, how can I get the new-school heavy metal sound of: - Metallica - Invisible Kid (intro) ,or - metallica - Some kind of monster (break part), or maybe - Rammstein - Amerika ("this is not a love song..." part) In this parts of these songs the sound of the guitar is perfect. So I want to get this sound. It's similar to Slipknot's sound. So please help me to figure this cool sound! thanx
    lifer_down
    hiii ppl ,,i need some help here ,,,,, i cant get the tone of distortion correct ,i need an heavy dist. like the sound of lamb of god or,like chimaira something like that,,,,,iam using 7strings ibanez....so need some body to help mee.....any way thats is the most perfect guitar process i ve ever seen !!!!