GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor

I'm using this with an Epiphone les paul to either my Marshall MG50DFX or I'm using two 15" jbl monitors through a 650w power amp. My Marshall is in my room for recording, and the jbl's are in the basement for jamming. Since this pedal board has an output select on it, Ican get great tone out of either. I set it to COMBO AMP for my Marshall, or line/phones for the monitors. The cosm preamps are great and the choice to have them either dual mono or dual l/r. is a great feature too. Every effect sounds amazing, you could easily spend thousands of dollars to get the same tone that you get out of this.

I play anything from clean acoustic, to Satriani, to Zeppelin, to metal. This pedal does it all with authority! If your on the fence about this, jump off and run to guitar center and buy one! You wont be disappointed. I researched different pedals such as the DigiTech GNX4, The Line6 PODXT Live, and Podx3, this one was my hands down choice.

I could drop this off my roof and it wouldn't even leave a dent. This thing is built like a rock. Another thing I liked is the fact that the lower five pedals are lowered and protected from the knobs so that during a live performance you don't adjust you settings.

This is probable the only flaw in the product. You have to take some time to get to know how to use it. Once you look over the manual, which is simple to understand, it is very easy and quick to edit patches. But since this is such a complex processor, it may take some time to get just the tone you are looking for. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I've found many great new sounds by mistake with this thing.

Oc3lot
    Mind_freak shh i don't think you know what your talking about. Anywho im selling my gt8 if anyone wants pm
    reilly91
    kennethdave
    reilly91 wrote: NaivexLi, your wrong. Many people are into natural tube tone, but still would like to add effects, not pre amps. That is why people at bossgtcentral.com came up with the 4 cable method.
    Wats the 4 cable method??
    reilly91
    search it on the forums of www.bossgtcentral.com, it uses four cables and has you plug into the fx loop of your amp... there is a tuturial.