GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: NZ Rockshop

I'm using an Epiphone LP100 and a Fender Custom Build Strat through this thing into a Crate GT212. If you setup a patch wrong, yes it can be noisy, but with a bit of tweaking of the noise supressor it's fine, but sometimes I like feedback and background buzz. All the effects sound great, provided you know what sound you want and you dial it in right, sometimes I just set the effect parameters to whatever and it sounds crazy, but in a good way. I can get the tones of John Frusciante, Foo Fighters, Muse and many more and I have made several patches that try and replicate the tones of these artists. They sound very alike, but getting a sound exactly like someone takes a lot of tweaking and stuff but it's worth it. The pre-amps sound exquisite and each has its own unique sound and use. 90% of the distortion pedal sims sound amazing but there are about three that I have not managed to get a good sound out of (mainly the metal zone one). The chorus reverbs and delays are alll amazing as are the wahs and all the other effects that come with it (except for the sitar sim as I have not tried it).

I play lots of styles, including funk, alternative, pop, blues and hard rock. It is a great match but because of it's versatility it suits any style, but it's for people who want a wide array of sounds, not someone Who plays a bunch of song that all sound roughly the same. I've playing playing for nearly 9 years and I used to own a DigiTech Grunge pedal, a Dunlop crybaby wah, and a DigiTech RP50. The Grunge is not needed as distortion is covered by the gt8, the wah was not needed either, and in terms of multi-effects, the Boss kicks DigiTech's ass. If I lost it I'd have to buy a new one I can't live without it. I love the versatility and unique array of sounds you can get from it, I can can go from an 80's style Marshall stack with wah and stadium-style reverb, to a beautiful clean Fender Twin Reverb at the press of a pedal. I compared it to all the floor based multi-effects processors by DigiTech Zoom, Korg, Vox, and Line 6 and this one stood out by a mile in terms of sound and array of different things you can do with it.

This thing is solid as, built like a tank. The only thing that has ever happened at a gig was when the plug got kicked out the back, but that was a fault of my own, I don't think this thing would break if it got knocked around but I wouldn't try it because it's such a beautiful and expensive piece of equipment. I do gig with it without a backup because I can't afford, nor do I need a backup.

I won't lie, it is definetly not easy to get a good sound with this unit, it takes a lot of tweaking both with the processor and the amp you are using. Read the manual, which is very good and explains everything, and you'll be sweet to start making some killer tones. Once you get the hang of it, editing patches is easy and you can have great, beautiful, crazy and weird sounds coming from your amp with the turn of a few knobs. Creating sounds from scratch is even more fun, as you can basically build any rig imagineable (except of course like a crazy 100 stompbox rig or something).

onzki
    [B]C [R]ich
    onzki wrote: hi there.. im planning to buy multi effects.. can you help me choose: DIGITECH RP350 / ZOOM G2.1U / BOSS ME-20(or 50) GT-6(or 8)/ KORG AX1500.. all seems good on most reviews.. so which do you think is the best choice? i prefer sound quality over budget.. i plan to use this in a long term..maybe my 1st & last multi-effects haha.. mostly for homestudio use & sometimes on small stage performance.. thanks for the help =)
    i have the Gs.1u and ill tell yah, DO NOT BUY IT! its got a great sound but mine is now at about the 2-3 year mark and my patch select buttons are about 85% shot...a friend of mine has the GT8 tho and it is amazing, im planning on buying the new GT-10 just cuz the GT8 was a lil to crowded for my liking.
    BlueSky6392
    can some one tell me which one is a better pedal.. the gt10 or gt 8 and why is it better.. cuz i never tried them
    unb911
    whats the best? boss gt-8 line 6 poxt live or voxtonelab le???
    Apocalypse4162
    I just bought mine today online! I'm so pumped to get it and trip out to all the crazy stuff it can do I'm so happy because I have not read anything bad about it yet! At least nothing that affects me in any way! I've finally made a smart purchase lol