GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor review by Boss

Boss: GT-8 Guitar Effects Processor

Purchased from: ebay

I use GT-8 with my Music Man guitar and Ibanez amp. I prefer soft distortion sound(with lots of bass and middle), so some of my paches sound a little bit noisy, but that is my plan) On different setup, paches sounds can different, so I have a couple lead and solo sounds in store. It depends... I also like to use delay and wah pedal, that sounds great on GT-8. Control pedal is also a great option. I usually use it as a "solo" option or tuner, but it has many other alternatives.

This proccesor is great. I, actually, didn't compared it with anything, but my previous processor Korg AX10G and my Boss DS-1 pedal. I like, how GT-8 sounds more. I also compared it with my friend's Zoom 707 processor, and my Boss "won" again) So I don't think, that I would change my Boss GT-8 it future. But, Who knows?

I definitely can depend on it. I giged with this processor many times now, and it worked well. I don't need any backup, because I can get any sound, that I like out of it, and it's very comfortable to use. I think this processor will last long, because it's very relyable.

This processor is very comfortable to use, and to get a good sound. I heard many complains, like "it's so difficult to operate this thing". But I find it fery interesting and easy to get the sound, that I'm looking for. There is no discomfort in editing paches and giving them names) My GT-8 had a manual with it, but I almost haven't used it.

Fear3001
    whats betr this or the boss me-70 im not looking for loads of effectsbut decent ones that sound good and a pedal that is versatile and easy to use
    FloresCCFI
    hey guys, i need some help. ive been wondering two things 1) whats the difference between this and the gt-6 2) should i get the gt-8 or an me-50? feedback would be appreciated :]
    alexcorreia
    I don't trust this website for reviews anymore. Everything get over 8 and most things get a 9 or a 10. How can Behringer DR600 horrible reverb gets the same rating as a Boss RV or a Marshall Reflector, this is crazy. Sound is subjective, but come on people, be a little bit more constructive.
    marshallmadman
    PLEASE HELP ME- what cable do i need to connect the digital out from the gt-8, to my PC mic input??
    alexcorreia
    I read all of the reviews and everybody seems to be a bedroom player to me. That's why it's got 9's and 10's. A professional gigging guitarist would never give a 9 or a 10. Again, if it's a hobby this is great, but if you're serious about gigging, touring, etc, skip it and go get a nice tube amp and a few good effects pedals. Don't buy Boss Distortions, they are bees in cans.